Trying ImgBurn to access BIOS

Duddy03

Hi: I'm new to the forum. I have an Acer Aspire V5-771P; Win 8.1, 64-bit.  I made changes to the BIOS to place a USB drive at the top during system start-up. I also changed UEFI to Legacy  BIOS and (without knowing the impact) the hard drive locked (Secure Boot is enabled). Now the system cannot find the operating system and F12 will not work.  Neither an Acer Restore bootable USB drive nor a ImgBurn bootable system disk (Win98 SE) which both includes a BIOS update file, worked.  I was able to get the system restore files viewable but not the BIOS update file.  This file executable file would allow me to flash the BIOS to a new factory state.  (I have no luck using the DOS change directory command to assist in finding the BIOS update.)

I understand that resetting the CMOS on the motherboard would do the trick but opening the case would void the warranty.  Acer in the UK would fix the PC but they insist on me shipping the system with the HD and I can't do that with the personal information and passwords at risk.

Does anyone know of a possible solution? The ImgBurn disk appeared to burn correctly and the BIOS file of interest appears plainly when used to start up a good PC.  HELP.

I can't see why the file would appear on one machine and not the other?

Assuming all of the other files in that directory are also present... it must be there too!

Of course if it's actually a case of one machine not showing an entire drive, it could be something related to drivers. If you have a bootable image, it either needs to load CDROM drivers so you can access the other content on the disc or you need to include said content within the bootable image itself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.