does not recognise my drive

mephisto33

i recently installed a samsung SH-D162C drive, but it does not appear on the pull down menu in the main menu of imgburn.????. i know it works because i use it for heaps of stuff. if it so happens that i need to buy a new drive, what can you recommend.

thanks

I 16:19:47 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 16:19:47 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:19:47 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:19:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:19:47 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

i should have been more specific, it only reads my old crappy drive which i cannot use anyway (DVD drive E:, i want to use my drive in drive D:

and explorer sees the drive ok ? Reports it correctly ? What other programs are you using that see the new drive ok ?

Have you tried disconnecting the power on the new drive, checking all the cables etc and then restarting the pc ?

in the windows device manager it says that the drive is working properly. ive been able to use it to burn DVD's and music, games e.t.c. ive used it in media player and GOM player. it pretty much works perfectly in absolutely everything else. im not sure if it matters but i couldnt get clone cd to read it either, is there something about the type of drive that it is? (DVD-ROM)

yes ive disconnected the power cords e.t.c and restarted my comp several times. as far as cables go - what cables?

:doh: I didn't realise it was a DVD-Rom - silly me !!! :)

Yeah a dvd-rom will only read and play DVDs it can't write them ! Therefore it won't show up as a suitable drive for writing in ImgBurn. It sounds like it's a combo drive that does write to CD's though

If you're looking to write blank DVDs you will need to change your drive to a DVD?RW.

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/optical...vd/sh_d162c.asp

Is that your drive ? If so, as you can see it only reads DVDs as we talked about above. Not sure where you are in the world but there are plenty of cheaper/better DVD?RW drives available. If you're in the US try www.meritline.com or for UK/Europe take a look at www.svp.co.uk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.