ImgBurn hangs after reserving track, with LG burner

mick4116

Hi all as per the title have a bit of a problem, i have an external LG Bluray burner model BP06LU10.

What happens is i rip a bluray to my hard drive using AnyDvd HD, after i have the image i then open ImgBurn and load the file, when i click burn the LG Burner lights flash ImageBurn starts then it get to reserving track, and from that point the lights on the burner go out and it just hangs, i waited for 10 minutes but nothing, the funny thing is that i loaded the same image with WinIso and it worked so i dont know why i cant use ImgBurn as i would rather use that software.

Any help would be appreciated as i dont understand what is going on, apoligies if this topic has been addressed before i did search but couldnt find anything, i have also ensured that the burners firmware is up to date, thanks in advance for any help very frustrating seeing that WinIso works

Does it actually still say 'Reserving Track' in the status bar?

If so, that's all it's doing and having submitted the command to the drive, it's waiting for it to finish. That's to say, ImgBurn isn't in control.

Try it again in safe mode, just to check the same thing happens.

The 'Reserve Track' command may or may not be 100% required for BD-R, but there's no way to tell ImgBurn *not* to send it. It doesn't however really care if it's successful or not and would just fail silently - assuming it ever regains control from the system/drive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.