Why does it want to burn dual layer?

trinthakias

Hi, i have been using imgburn the past year, successfully, to burn various movies/tv shows. But this latest disc im trying to burn keeps wanting to burn dual layer on me, and i have no idea why. And it only tells me this after ive done the encoding process...which is a long painstaking time.

Any idea why it want to burn dual layer?  It is virtually identical to all the other ones ive burnt, same size roughly (bit smaller than others ones ive burnt actually)same formats (avi, mp4, mkv).but this one is causing me to get a headache, as ive spent a full day now trying to fix this (encoded once, unsuccessfully, removed a title, then tried encoding again..unsuccessfully)

Id really like to watch these shows with my family but i dont think thats going to happen, so im probably just going to delete these and download some different shows. But how can i avoid this from happening in the future? 

- Frustrated

a quick reply would be appreciated also. 

I should also say that i am encoding with DvDFlick....pls help, very hesitant to even attempt this again as i dont want to waste another 8 hours of encoding for nothing....
>:p 

Edited by trinthakias

It's 5am here in the UK. Don't expect 24/7 support!

You've provide no technical details for us to do anything with.

What are you actually trying to burn, just a video_ts folder or do you already have an ISO?

If working with the video_ts folder, post the image information the program puts in the log window before it starts the burn. Logs are saved automatically when the program is shut down and can be accessed via the help menu when you next load it up.

If a 3rd party app is calling up ImgBurn itself, it may save the log elsewhere.

If the other program hasn't deleted your encoded stuff, there's nothing stopping you from adding the video_ts folder into Build mode and regenerating that info manually.

It's most likely the VIDEO_TS created is larger than DVD-5.  Just because all other encodes fit on one doesn't mean the current one will.  The same file of the same show of the same length may encode one way but another file of the exact same content may encode larger depending on how that file was created.

As LUK said, try importing the VIDEO_TS into a Build mode and see what it says at the bottom.  If it says DVD DL, then it's larger than a DVD-5.  You can download DVDShrink and compress the VIDEO_TS contents down to a DVD-5.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.