Burning issue

trikztar

Mjallo

I have a problem. "Yes" you may say, but let me explain first. After reinstalling win xp, I can't burn audio cd's without hick-ups and most dvd-images won't work either on my stand-alone player - they play fine on both my computers though. In another thread it's been established that imgburn is not the problem - I didn't really expect it to be, but I had to start somewhere.

I have a liteon cd-rw drive and 2 nec dvd-rw drives, which didn't cause me any problems before the reinstall of xp. I have Nero 7 ultra ed. installed, along with imgburn and blindwrite. Besides that, I'm also using daemon tools a lot. Could it be an aspi conflict (or whatever it's called), since various versions are installed by those programs. I'm totally clueless here. Here's an example of what happens: Last night I checked an dvdmovie.iso with isobuster, and it didn't find any physical errors. Then I burned it on to a verbatim disc at 4x speed only. When placed in my standalone, it's recognized as a valid disc but it stalls before playback starts. On both my computers I have no problems playing it.

If anyone has any ideas to what my problem (regarding this post) could be, then I'd love to hear them! ;)

- trikztar

First thing is to get rid of BlindWrite. Next, hit control-alt-delete to bring up your task manager and check if InCD is running and kill the process if it is.. (It's Nero's installed packet writing software). Next, try a burn with ImgBurn and post your entire log so we can see what else is happening. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.