Audio CD with .txt & .jpg

AmLipp

I'm trying to put an old audio book on CD (for an old cd player) for my Dad. I thought it'd be cool to also include a .txt file of the book and a picture of the author (it's an old book, in the public domain) on the off chance someone might put it into a PC. Is this possible?

I've done about 30 mins of searching and lurking but believe most of the topics and results I saw were relating to "CD-text" display. I saw one topic (that was above my head) where someone made a .cue file, then added it to another type of cd which had data, and it seemed like that was a viable work-around. However I'm pretty sure that I didn't read that right or that even if that did work some it'd create some abrupt buzzing.

The simple question is: can the two medias (audio + .txt and/or .jpg) exist on the same .cue CD? I'm guessing "no" but would like to make sure I'm not giving up too soon.

Thanks. Also, thanks for ImgBurn, I've not used it much but it's wonderful for the dabbling I do from time to time.

I know it's possible, but I didn't know if ImgBurn could do it.  I never tried. 

Over a decade ago, I used to put CD cover art JPG's on CD-R's I'd make from Audio CD's in my collection.  I stopped doing it once I noticed some DVD players that play CD's wouldn't play the audio tracks.  They'd apparently default to the photo content on the disc instead of the audio tracks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.