Jump to content

can't get passed write parameters stage - Buggy Sense Area Detected


Recommended Posts

Posted

First time ImgBurn user here! Hitting a wall trying to burn a .cue file from a virtual machine on an iMac. I can't get the "setting write parameters" step. Here's the error message:

 

post-55595-0-38860200-1468380778_thumb.png

 

A few more details:

  • On a virtual machine, using VirtualBox, running Windows 7
  • Optical drive works fine outside Imgburn
  • Optical Drive: Sata Port 4 (also tried 1 and 6) post-55595-0-95214800-1468380776_thumb.png
  • Using CD-Rs

I search here and greater and didn't find an solution that would work so any help or thoughts here would be much appreciated. Here is another screenshot that may be helpful and also the logs. Thanks!

 

post-55595-0-66233400-1468380777_thumb.png

 

I 20:08:48 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!

I 20:08:48 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 20:08:48 Total Physical Memory: 1,106,488 KiB  -  Available: 73,124 KiB
I 20:08:48 Initialising SPTI...
I 20:08:48 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 20:08:58 -> Drive 1 - Info: VBOX CD-ROM 1.0 (D:) (SATA)
I 20:08:58 Found 1 DVD±RW!
I 20:27:10 Operation Started!
I 20:27:11 Source File: C:\Users\GWL_VM\Desktop\New folder\Snatcher (Sega CD) (U)-redump.cue
I 20:27:11 Source File Sectors: 265,813 (MODE1/2352)
I 20:27:11 Source File Size: 625,192,176 bytes
I 20:27:11 Source File Volume Identifier: SNATCHER
I 20:27:11 Source File Application Identifier: KONAMI CO.,LTD.
I 20:27:11 Source File File System(s): ISO9660
I 20:27:11 Destination Device: [4:0:0] VBOX CD-ROM 1.0 (D:) (SATA)
I 20:27:11 Destination Media Type: CD-R (Disc ID: 97m26s66f, CMC Magnetics Corp.)
I 20:27:11 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 10x, 16x, 20x, 24x
I 20:27:11 Destination Media Sectors: 359,844
I 20:27:11 Write Mode: CD
I 20:27:11 Write Type: SAO
I 20:27:11 Write Speed: 4x
I 20:27:11 Lock Volume: Yes
I 20:27:11 Test Mode: No
I 20:27:11 OPC: No
I 20:27:11 BURN-Proof: Enabled
I 20:27:12 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 705 KB/s (4x)
E 20:28:42 Failed to set Write Parameters!
E 20:28:42 Reason: Buggy Sense Area Detected! (RC: 0x40, D-SK: 0x0D, D-ASC: 0xF5, D-ASCQ: 0x42, F-SK: 0x05, F-ASC: 0x97, F-ASCQ: 0x7F)
E 20:29:10 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:01:58
I 20:29:10 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A
Posted

You do have the latest version of virtualbox installed yeah?

 

There isn't much you can do if it's not doing what it's supposed to.

 

Maybe try parallels instead.

Posted

Yeah it's up-to-date.

 

Bummer but thanks for the reply. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.