Is it possible to burn 3 hours on a single layer disc

Solo Strike

Hi guys

please excuse my ignorance, this is my first time trying this!

My question is basically that I have a DVD ready to burn in the AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS folders. The size of all the files within is 4.04GB and it contains 3 hours worth of material. So I've been out to the shops and bought some blank DVD's, however when I get them home I notice they can only hold 120 mins but on the back it says this can be extended to 360 depending on how you burn it?

So basically can I still burn my DVD or do I need to take these discs back and exchange them?

Thanks for your help :)

Solo Strike, Welcome to the forum. You stated the size of your files in video ts folder was 4.04 gigs. You should not have a problem burning this image to a SL DVD media. A SL media will hold 4.7 gigs of information. :) Good Luck. :thumbup: Keep your media and burn away......... :)

Solo strike,

Like kev said, ignore 'times' mentioned on blank media, it only comes into play if you're making your own recordings.

It's all about what size the file is, (In data terms) what they would be refering to is this, if you make a 5 minute clip in real high quality footage it may equate to say 1 GIG of data, however if you were to do the same clip in real poor quality, it may only equate to 400 MB of data.

Oh, and I got to mention one more thing, even though blank media are rated at 4.7GIG, in real terms it is only about 4.38GIG, as the quoted figure is in bytes, so when you divide it back by 1024 not 1000 it equals 4.38GB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.