Medium Not Present

doglovr

I am brand new to all of this, and actually have just downloaded imgburn, but can not get my media recognized. I have scanned all of the faqs and a lot of the other forum looking for a solution. I have upgraded my firmware, but still no success. I have loaded and reloaded the DVD-R at least 20 times. Please help me get started..........

What drive do you have, do you know if you have a dvd burner in your computer or a DVD Rom /CDRW this will only READ dvd's and write CD's not burn DVD's. Open IMGburn copy and paste the drive model from the destination box . You might have a DVD +Rw drive but untill you provide some info its just guessing . Also what media "brand' are you using ,we only recommend Verbatim and Taiyo Yudens

I think you are right:

[1:1:0] SAMSUNG CD-R\RW SW-248F (F;)

Do you have a suggestion as to purchasing a DVD burner? I am less than a novice at this, but I am looking forward to learning. As for the media, I purchased a few cheap HP to get me started, but I will get some Verbatim. Thanks for your help.

yeah its a cd burner wont burn any dvd's, Pioneer 111d is good ,Plextor 760 ,Benq 1670 ,and NEC 3550A drives ,beware of the new NEC18x drive its not a true NEC drive but one made in conjunction with sony an experiment of the 2 companies working together its getting some bad reviews found that from a Google search

Check www.meritline .com www.newegg.com 2 companies I've done business with and was completly satisfied .These are in USA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.