problem installing new version imgburn

terwhip

Hi i am trying to install version 2.1.00 at present am using ver 1.1.00 downloading .exe update ok,but when double click to install it just vanishes from folder which i downloaded to,if i search windows for imgburn it shows new version but as c:\windows\prefetch,i am runnining windows xp,have downloaded update onto my lap top with xp,no problem at all,must be setting in windows not allowing to update,have also updated other .exe programmes with no problem.any suggestions please

check for viruses or spyware

use spybot search and destroy and also get ad aware from lavasoft to check for spyware and which ever anti virus you got with latest updates

or try uninstalling older version first.

check to see if you have admin rights

Edited by dontasciime

You AV is probably detecting something it doesn't like in the installer and so just deleting it.

It's bad that it's not telling you about it though and instead just deleting it. You must have configured it to do that.... very scary!

Ensure your AV program + definitions are up to date as the file at ImgBurn.com is guaranteed virus free.

If the installation file is just vaninshing SOMETHING must be removing it.

It's hard to assist with something like this, the problem is your problem and you'll have to invest some time in finding out what's causing it.

You're the first person to mention anything like this so it's not even as if we've seen it before and have already gotten to the bottom of it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.