Computer auctions

Shamus_McFartfinger

Well, the auctions are on again in a couple of days and I'm looking forward to buying something I suspect Mrs Shamus needs. She'd be thrilled if I bought her a rackmount server with 3TB of HD space. Or not. :P Going to have a look around tomorrow and head off to the auctions to buy something the day after. Check it out if you like here:

http://www.baileysauctions.com.au/c/catalogue_c.htm

The things I'm going to be looking at are items 5213, 5351-5355, 5506 and 5509.

I love shopping. :)

Hey Shamus, Wow, looks like there may be some deals to be had. Thats a big list of items for auction.......... :o . This happens EVERY year at this time ? Wish they would do auctions like that up here, I never here of any auctions for computer or electronics happening......... strange since this is a government town. :/

Computer auctions at this place are held every couple of weeks. There's some good stuff to be had if the noobies don't blow the prices out by bidding on damned near everything.

know what you mean ,uninformed with more cash that brains bid everything up untill its near new purchase price ,they win the auction go home happy they won, and dont realize that they really didn't get a bargain and make a bollocks of the whole idea of an auction for everyone else :doh:

*sigh* Some of the stuff I was looking at was really expensive. I guessed that it wouldn't be cheap but the price paid for the servers was staggering. $2500 each. I almost fell off my chair. To make matters worse, the auction noobie brigade turned up in force and blew out the price of laptops to within $150 of what I could buy one for brand new and the new ones have more stuff on them and are faster. They also blew out the price of 19" LCD monitors to within $50 of a new one. They were bidding on everything, even the scsi harddrives. Goddam idiots. They really piss me off.

Sounds like they really spoilt it for you mate - you see similar on e-bay (well you wouldn't I suspect !!! :lol: ) but the Mrs likes to look for bargains on there.

Sometimes there is an item on for a week and you get 2x newbs bidding it up for the first two days in competition so that the item is almost exactly retail price :doh: Nice if you're the seller but crap for buyers...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.