If you use Steganos Security Suite 8.06

Pain_Man

If you have version 8.0.6 or older DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSTALL THE NEW UPDATE 8.08.

It majorly hosed up my system. I was unable to access Window Explorer. Dr. Watson kept trying to launch (which ZoneAlarm kindly informed me).

Fortunately, I was able to uninstall 8.08 and reinstall 8.0.6.

Emails I've gotten from Steganos TS acknowledge--as vaugley as possible, of course--the major fuck up they've unleashed and they are "working on it."

They have a "special" version of 8.0.6 that's supposed to fix the problems if you have already installed that disastrous update.

Does quality control mean anything to any software company anywhere anymore? (Steganos is German.)

Well, Hell, once you ever install it, it doesn't go away. Uninstall it and you'll find a device driver still stuck in there, chipping away at system resources.

You're talking about the CD/DVD encryption and the service it installs, aren't you? We've talked about that before.

It also installs and activates a service to track laptops, even if your machine isn't one. So you have to disable that one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.