ASUS BW-16D1HT and BD-R DL (VERBAT-IMf-000)

Manumu27

Hi!

I just burned a BD-R DL disc (VERBAT-IMf-000) on my ASUS BW-16D1HT (patched with MakeMKV's LibreDrive firmware) for the first time and the results have not been very good. The disc verification failed when ImgBurn started verifying Layer 1. I was able to copy all the data back to my SSD and I even compared the original files with WinMerge to check if the data was corrupted, but all files matched, so all the data on the disc is correct. I also noticed that the BD-R DL disc has some dots/spots on the burnable surface. All the BD-R DL discs I burned with my previous drive (the ASUS BW-12B1ST with VERBAT-IMf-000 discs) don't have these weird dots/spots on their surfaces. Here are two photos:

ASUS BW-16D1HT (VERBAT-IMf-000)

ASUS BW-12B1ST (VERBAT-IMf-000)

Is my drive faulty? Are the discs faulty?

If my drive is faulty, I would like to know a good burner that can be patched with a LibreDrive firmware. Apparently, only ASUS and LG-Hitachi drives are compatible with LibreDrive, and I haven't read good reviews from LG-Hitachi drives in this forum. Apparently, Pioneer drives are great, but they are not compatible with LibreDrive.

Thanks!

Edited by Manumu27

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.