Can't post in my own thread

Muse

Well, I'm gratified I can post here at least. Here's my issue:

I started a thread on March 13: 

I was using my default browser, Chrome, on Windows 10 laptop. No issues. But after several posts I suddenly could not reply to the post. When I put my cursor into the reply box, even before typing anything sometimes it would bork out, disappear. I tried a different browser (Brave Browser), no problem. I posted that anomaly in the thread and somebody or several people said they'd had problems in Chrome on the Imgburn Forums. So, as I continued my usage of the thread I did NOT use Chrome and was fine. Today, I want to post again in the thread and I find I have the same can't post in that thread issue with every browser I try: Chrome, Brave, Edge, IE. I'm signed in OK. What could possibly be the issue? Thanks for your help.

Edited by Muse

I use Chrome exclusively and have never had a problem replying to posts.

Looking at that thread, nobody said they had problems with Chrome on these forums. dbminter said he'd had problems with Chrome on the Macrium Reflect forums.

You may need to open up the developer tools (press F12) and see if you're running into errors when you click your mouse in the reply box.

If you have something running that's blocking the forum software from working as expected (the little 1 line reply box turns into a bigger box with more features once clicked), that could be why you're running into issues.

So, immediately after posting the above OP, I go back to my thread and OMG, I can post (and did). This using Chrome. I can't imagine what the issue is/was...

I had not seen your reply, LIGHTNING UK!

Edited by Muse

Ah, CTRL+F5, well, never heard of that before. I thought F5 itself did a refresh. 

"If it happens again, you'll know what to do." Um WHAT!??

Another thing occurred to me. I'd been getting messages popping up in Windows 10 saying that my Internet Settings were insufficient and I should click-to-fix. I did do that about the time I was having this issue and started this help-me thread. I figured it might just have to do with one tweak I do to allow me to play MP3s off my system without confirming that I'm sure it's safe to do so. I work (volunteer) at a college radio station and we're all creating shows at home during the pandemic and I need to work with MP3s, WAVs too, very often listening to them before using them. Having to confirm safety is an extra step, so I do this:

Run command:   Windows key + R
inetcpl.cpl
Security Tab
Click Custom level button near bottom
Scroll down to:  ‘Launching applications and unsafe files (not secure)’ option
Click Enable
Click Apply
Click OK

So, I'd done the click-to-fix Internet security settings, checked and indeed I once again had to confirm before hearing an MP3, so I did the steps above, fixing that. PERHAPS all that had to do with the problem of posting in my thread having gone away. :ermm:

Now why Chrome had the problem and not Brave, and then later all browsers had the problem and now Chrome doesn't (and probably the others don't either, but I haven't checked) I can't guess.

Edited by Muse

Actually, just for the sake of completeness, I said I had a problem using Waterfox Classic on the Macrium Reflect forums.  I only use Chrome for accessing online accounts for my mother so it can uniquely store her sign in ID's and passwords.  Otherwise, I use Waterfox and Firefox for sites where Waterflox Classic doesn't quite load them right.

Well, I had MEANT to say that, at least.  :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.