Jump to content

What's wrong with this cue sheet?


Galane
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am no expert on cue files, but assuming the cue sheets are similar for your other discs that do work fine, can you post one of your cue sheets that does work?

because then I 'might' be able to spot the problem. or at least give it a attempt ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please don't do the above, it will mess things up.

Once you've loaded the CUE in Write mode, click the 'Image Information' button and take a screenshot of what it says please. You may need to scroll the window and take a 2nd screenshot so I can see it all.

Normally a drive will reject a cuesheet because a track is coming out as less than 4 seconds in length. So it could that be the program doesn't really like your CUE (pregaps for the next track at the end of individual track wav files are a bit complex) and a track length is being calculated incorrectly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I can't see any 4 second tracks but there are lots of 0 second (and frame) index 00's, which I guess is also a no-no.

Maybe next track pregaps at the end of the previous track aren't supported at all?

Could you fire up the 'create cue file' feature in the tools menu and add the first wave file from that set please? If I know exactly how long it it, I'll know if there should be data after the end of track 1 / index 01's supposed end (which would then form index 00 of track 2).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TITLE "Cowabunga! - Set 3 - Ebb Tide (1963-1967)"
FILE "01 The Pyramids - Penetration.wav" WAVE
REM FILE-DECODED-SIZE 02:00:13
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Penetration"
    PERFORMER "The Pyramids"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you.

Well... you can't have a file of total length 02:00:13 and have something starting at 02:00:13... you're already at the end of the file. Looks like a bug in whatever made the cue/wav files.

Easiest course of action here (assuming it's the same issue with all of the files) is just to remove all of the INDEX 00 entries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Well... you can't have a file of total length 02:00:13 and have something starting at 02:00:13... you're already at the end of the file. Looks like a bug in whatever made the cue/wav files.

 

Looking at a cue I made solely with ImgBurn's 'Tools > Create CUE File..." in relation to WAV files it does that on the 1st to 2nd track but the LBA seems right as it starts just after the previous track (i.e. in my case... 21355 (4:46:56) is end of 1st track and 21356 (4:46:56) is start of 2nd track). but it's the only one that does that (which is like the OP's).

p.s. mine burned to a CD-R without issue and I even overburned by nearly 1 min on each 80min CD-R (I burned two maybe a half hour ago now) successfully.

 

24 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Easiest course of action here (assuming it's the same issue with all of the files) is just to remove all of the INDEX 00 entries.

Looking at mine... I don't even have those INDEX 00 entries like his does as they are all 'Index 1' in the 'Image Information' section, which seems to match up with your suggestion here ;)

Edited by ThaCrip
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I used all the wav files in imgburn to create a fresh cue sheet and I'm copying over the data it didn't include, the catalog number and songwriters. Doing that I noticed that the sheet I have has some of the performers not matching the band/group names. That makes the songwriter tags suspect.

So I'm digging in on the web to try and find the right writer info. Some of those 20 tracks are quite difficult to find who wrote/composed them.

Then I'll attempt to use this new cue sheet to burn an audio cd.

Cowabunga - Set 3 - Ebb Tide (1963-1967) - Copy2.cue

Edited by Galane
added WIP new cue file
Link to comment
Share on other sites

'Invalid field in parameter list' comes directly from the drive, it isn't an ImgBurn error. ImgBurn doesn't know what it's complaining about... that's where I then diagnose the issue manually.

I guess I could have it detect index 00's with no length, but the source program shouldn't have put them in the CUE in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.