support of FFmpeg to decompress any tipe of audio files

rosanna

hi

could be added the support of FFmpeg Library , it's used by many software like audacity and others

it can read and decompress flac , ape, ACC , mp3 and so on , I guess all of them

so Imgburn could burn an audio cd from any type of media audio file

thanks 

best regards

I always keep all of my music in FLAC format and if I need to burn with ImgBurn, like burning a standard audio CD (or overburning a standard audio CD), ill just temporarily convert to WAV files (using Foobar2000) for use with ImgBurn.

I run ImgBurn on Linux as the method above works well since you just install ImgBurn and it will work with the above WAV files for standard audio CD burning by default with no conversion needed in ImgBurn itself basically.

I would generally avoid burning standard audio CD's from lossy formats like MP3/AAC etc.

but since ImgBurn has not been updated since the year 2013, I would say it's unlikely it will be updated at this point. but ImgBurn works quite well already for general data burning. it's audio CD burning works well enough to if you know how to work within it's limitations.

38 minutes ago, ThaCrip said:

I always keep all of my music in FLAC format and if I need to burn with ImgBurn, like burning a standard audio CD (or overburning a standard audio CD), ill just temporarily convert to WAV files (using Foobar2000) for use with ImgBurn.

I run ImgBurn on Linux as the method above works well since you just install ImgBurn and it will work with the above WAV files for standard audio CD burning by default with no conversion needed in ImgBurn itself basically.

I would generally avoid burning standard audio CD's from lossy formats like MP3/AAC etc.

but since ImgBurn has not been updated since the year 2013, I would say it's unlikely it will be updated at this point. but ImgBurn works quite well already for general data burning. it's audio CD burning works well enough to if you know how to work within it's limitations.

Hi

well , i have read on the forum , there will be an update

yes imgburn work very well ,but on some new drivers  and dvd/cd ,imgburn can't set correctly the burn speed

and decompress with FFmpeg Library will be easy

for what i got it , you use imgburn for data but not for audio , may i know what software do you use to burn audio cd?

thanks

Edited by rosanna

15 hours ago, rosanna said:

for what i got it , you use imgburn for data but not for audio , may i know what software do you use to burn audio cd?

While I do use it for data to, I actually DO use ImgBurn to burn a standard AUDIO CD (ImgBurn is just more optimally setup for data though is all as a typical burning program for audio CD's is easier/more straight forward to use even though ImgBurn does work well for standard AUDIO CD's once you know what to do). it even can overburn audio CD's to as I know those typical cheaper Verbatim CD-R's with a 'CMC Magnetics Corp' ID will overburn to at least 82min15sec as that works fine on my old audio CD player from the early 1990's. it shows up as 82min12sec on the player and the disc plays fine until the end.

I just use only WAV files with it since it works with those without issue out-of-the-box. I just use Foobar2000 to convert my FLAC to WAV temporarily so ImgBurn can it use. I am using ImgBurn on Linux and since plugins are less likely to work on Linux, it's all the more reason for me to just use only WAV files with it since that works out-of-the-box.

basically on ImgBurn to burn audio CD from my FLAC converted to WAV files I just use ImgBurn's "Tools > Create CUE File..." section. drag-and-drop WAV files in here then click 'OK' it will than save a ".cue" file and then with ImgBurn's 'Mode > Write' (load ".cue" file or drag-and-drop it into this windows 'source' section) it can then write it to a standard AUDIO CD which will work in any standard audio CD player.

8 hours ago, dbminter said:

You need certain plugins like madflac for FLAC, etc. but they work.

Yeah, on Windows I have no doubts. on Linux, which I know is not officially supported, I don't think 'madflac' etc works. but it's not a issue since a easy enough work around is to just use WAV files directly which I can convert easily enough from FLAC using Foobar2000 as both Foobar2000 and ImgBurn work well on Linux (although ImgBurn does not work on Linux if someone just simply installs it as a few tweaks have to be done before it works, which boils down to setting Wine to WinXP mode and using the 'SPTI - Microsoft' and 'Device Interface' (or 'Device Class') set in ImgBurn options otherwise it won't see a persons CD/DVD burners and without WinXP set, the program will hang at the ImgBurn splash screen).

15 hours ago, rosanna said:

well , i have read on the forum , there will be an update

yes imgburn work very well ,but on some new drivers  and dvd/cd ,imgburn can't set correctly the burn speed

Thanks for the info. I hope you are right.

Edited by ThaCrip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.