Buying DVD writer

lklawrie

In looking at buying a new DVD writer off Amazon, I keep seeing that they support Windows 8, 7, XP but don't mention Windows 10.  How important is that?  Will they usually work on Windows 10?

Of course, I notice that ImgBurn thinks my Windows 10 OS is Windows 8.

Generally, the Windows version selling point is just that.  The version of Windows generally doesn't matter.  In one direction, it's more important than the other.  A newer version of Windows is more likely to support older hardware than an older version of Windows is likely to support newer hardware.  If it says it works on Windows 8, you're pretty sure it will work on Windows 10.  What matters is the driver support included with the version of Windows you're putting the drive in.  That's why it's more likely for older hardware to work on newer Windows than the other way around.  Newer Windows would have older driver support.

Pagosa Springs, Colorado.  Is that anywhere near Arvada or Westminster?  I've been there back in 1997.

As far as I can tell, the "driver" for the DVD/CD/x writers are Windows version from 2006.  One of my software cleaners updated it to 2013.  I downloaded some "driver updater" software -- it did not find any newer suggested Driver software (i.e. from Device Manager, etc)

Pagosa Springs is on the western slope of the Rocky Mountains, about 25/30 miles from the New Mexico border.  Arvada and Westminster are much closer to Denver, what we call the "front range".

Thanks for your answer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.