DVD Fab used to create BluRay DVDS will plan on computer NOT ON SONY connected to my TV

kittykat23

I created a 4 episode on DVD FAB and made a customized menu.  DVD Burned fine.  It plays on any drive connected to my computer but will NOT Play on the Sony DVD player I have connected to my TV.  Just a blenk screen, no messges, nothing.  don't know what file to submit.  snapshots of one of the dvds follow:

HL-DT-STBD-RE_BT10N GNOB (USB)
Current Profile: BD-ROM
Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Complete
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 10,343,200
Size: 21,182,873,600 bytes
lime: 2298:31:25 (MM:SS:FF)
MID: VERBAT-IMe-000
Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x
TOC Information:
Session 1... (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 10343199)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 10343200)

Disc Definition Structure:
Certified: No
Scanned: No
Manufacturers Name: PIONEER Additional ID: BD-RW BDR-212V Serial Number: ADDL010097WL
BD Disc Information:
Disc ID: VERBAT-IMe-000
Disc Type: BD-R
Disc Size: 120 mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Disc Time Stamp: 03/2010
Number of Layers: 1
Layer Type: Writable
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Laver Present: No

Channel Bit Length: 74.50 nm (25 GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL|
BCA Present: Yes
Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
First PAA of Data Zone: 131,072
Last PAA of Data Zone: 1,658,494
Performance (Write Speed):
Descriptor 1...
-    > BO: 0x02, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-    > EL: 12219391 (0x00BA73FF)
-    > RS: 26,973 KB/s (6x) - WS: 8,991 KB/s (2x)
Descriptor 2...
-    > B0: 0x02, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-    > RS: 26.973 KB/s (6x) - WS: 17.982 KB/s (4x)

Descriptor 3...
-    > BO: 0x02, B1:0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-    > RS: 26,973 KB/s (6x) - WS: 26,974 KB/s (6x)

Are you creating a DVD Video or a Blu-Ray Video?  You mention DVD's, but the media information you provide is for Blu-Ray.  If you've created VIDEO_TS DVD Video files and you burned them to a Blu-Ray recordable disc, then a Blu-Ray player will not play them.  Sony specifically created the player standard to avoid doing this.

When you say "4 files as input for 4 separate episodes" are you just burning the 4 container files to the BD or are you converting them to Blu-Ray Video first with a converter software?  If you're doing the former, then popping in the BD won't automatically cause it to play.  Your player has to support natively playing container files.

Also, you're mixing terms.  Blu-Ray and DVD are two different media formats.  It's either or.

Another thing, you say your Sony player is a DVD player.  Are you sure it's not a Blu-Ray player instead?  If it IS a DVD player only, then putting a BD in a DVD player definitely won't be recognized by a DVD only player.

And, as I said, if you're making a VIDEO_TS DVD Video but burning it to BD, a BD player won't play it as a DVD, even though it will do it the other way around.

No conversion 1. open dvd fab 2. click Creator 3. click Blu-ray Creator.  crop files onto box wigh + in it.  From the directory DVDFAb, StraamFab, Output, Amazon, under the folder The Marvelous Mrs_ Maisel.  

1_Go Forward.mp4
2_lt's a Man, Man, Man, Man World.mp4

See Image

image.png.d9c8bdbf4a8de9528f679ba792c9e793.png

Then I click Start. 

BD-25 Is created and will work on computer but NOT on Sony DVD Player

NOTE BR Disks created with Nero will work.

Well, I'm still not getting a clear answer on if you're putting a Blu-Ray into a DVD player.  You say it's a Sony DVD player, but DVD players won't play Blu-Rays.

You also say you're using DVDFab and then you say you're using Blu-Ray Creator.  Is there a Blu-Ray option with DVDFab?  So, I don't know if you're creating DVD Video or Blu-Ray Video.

Probably the easiest way to answer this.  When you use ImgBurn's Build mode, are you adding a VIDEO_TS folder or a BDMV folder?  If it's VIDEO_TS, that's a DVD.  And if you burn a VIDEO_TS to a Blu-Ray disc, it will not play in a Blu-Ray player.  And it definitely won't play in a DVD player.  PC drives don't care what you feed them.  The software that plays back the media does it based on the file formats, not the disc formats, as standalone player hardware does.

it is a sony dvd and blu-ray player not 2 things one player plays them all

sorry could you help me understane this img burn is being called directly from dvdeFab after it converts the files ready to write to a Blu-ray disk.  Hints in what options

check in dvd FAb

If DVDFab is calling ImgBurn directly, then who knows if it's doing it correctly or not.  That introduces a whole new set of additional variables for things that could go wrong.

At this point, I'd ask you to do something for me.  Take this disc that won't play on your Sony Blu-Ray player but will play on your PC and put it in your PC drive.  Open ImgBurn in Read Mode.  There's a pane of disc information on the right side of the top window that says near the top Current Profile.  Right click with the mouse on this pane of information, choose Select All, right click again and choose Copy.  Paste that information into a reply here on this forum thread.

Next, in File Explorer, navigate to the root directory of this inserted disc.  Do you see a VIDEO_TS folder or a BDMV folder in the root directory of the disc?

HL-DT-ST BD-RE_BT10N GN0B (USB)
Current Profile: BD-ROM

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Complete
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 10,363,424
Size: 21,224,292,352 bytes
Time: 2303:00:74 (MM:SS:FF)
MID: VERBAT-IMe-000
Supported Read Speeds: 4x, 6x
Current Read Speed: 2.5x - 6x

File System Information:
Sectors: 10,363,424
Size: 21,224,292,352 bytes
Time: 2303:00:74 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1... (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01  (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 10363423)
-> LeadOut  (LBA: 10363424)

Track Information:
Session 1...
-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, LTS: 12219392, LRA: 10363423)

Disc Definition Structure:
Certified: No
Scanned: No
Manufacturers Name: PIONEER
Additional ID: BD-RW BDR-212V
Serial Number: ADDL010097WL

BD Disc Information:
Disc ID: VERBAT-IMe-000
Disc Type: BD-R
Disc Size: 120 mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Disc Time Stamp: 03/2010
Number of Layers: 1
Layer Type: Writable
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Layer Present: No
Channel Bit Length: 74.50 nm (25 GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL
BCA Present: Yes
Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
First PAA of Data Zone: 131,072
Last PAA of Data Zone: 1,658,494

BD-RE Drive (F:) 4_lnteresting People on Christop
Name
Date modified
Type
Size
v Files Currently on the Disc
“2 BDMV
CERTIFICATE
6/15/2023 7:57 PM
6/15/2023 7:57 PM
File folder
File folder
v Files Ready to Be Written to the Disc
desktop.ini
6/15/2023 8:47 AM
Configuration sett...
1 KB

Okay, so you're writing Blu-Ray Video content to a Blu-Ray disc.  Unfortunately, at this point, I can't say what the problem might be as it probably involves your Blu-Ray creation software doing something wrong.

I got this just now from DVD FAB.  Am trying it right now.

DVDFab Support
2023-06-24 17:53:38
Please click the Menu button (the down triangle) in the upper right corner of DVDFab, click on Co mmon Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box and uncheck the option "Enable Lightning-Recoding when applicable (accelerate H.264 softw are decoding and encoding)" as well as the Lightning-Shrink option to copy/convert again and se e the result.

ANOTHER ITEM: IS THERE ANY WAY TO STOP ImgBurn from going through the "reserving tracks" phase and let it automatically select a partition without manual intervention?  I have no idea how to select a valid partition as all the stars are blank with no color coding.  I have no idea what padding is or how to select it.

Thanks

Reserving tracks is different from what it sounds like you're talking about.  What it sounds like you're talking about is setting the layer break, which you do NOT do on Blu-Ray as far as I am aware of.  You have to let reserve tracks finish; otherwise, you don't have a readable disc.

Padding is automatically selected, usually.  However, that generally, again, as far as I know, only applies to DVD Video.

Those settings DVDFab tech support told you to change would have no bearing on creating a disc that doesn't play in a Blu-Ray player.  The Blu-Ray disc plays on your PC, so it's not authored incorrectly.  What is going on is DVDFab does not appear to be passing the proper customizations for a playable Blu-Ray disc.

I wonder if it is because I used one of their templates and added customization.  I only have 1 disk left to try and can not afford $65 for another batch.  I will try using one of their menus without any modification and let you know.

If you changed the DVDFab templates, then that could definitely be a problem, depending on what was changed.

I wouldn't even let DVDFab call ImgBurn if it has the ability to write BDMV output folders.  I would then add its output manually to a job in ImgBurn's build mode.  ImgBurn is "smart" enough to detect you're trying to make a Blu-Ray Video disc and automatically make any necessary changes.  That's what I do with the VIDEO_TS created by ConvertXToDVD when I make DVD Video discs.

Another possibility to consider here is the BD discs you're burning.  Your Blu-Ray player may not like them and simply can't read them.  Your PC drive wouldn't have that problem.

seems to be true.  I tried again with my last disc and did not use a modified menu except for replacing the title.  DVD burned and played correctly.   

Things were complicated by the fact that PowerDVD player had an update in the meantime and the blu ray disk would load but the controller would not apperar

Seems that DVDFab Menu modification was the culprit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.