Has anyone replaced Primera Bravo SE drive ?

BlizzardUK

I have just bought a BD-R drive (Pioneer 206DBK) and I am going to replace the DVD drive with the BD-R drive, just as an experiment really. I know I only have a USB 2 controller so it will be 6x max speed record, but that is good enough. So really just curious if anyone here has done that ? Thanks. 

I've seen conflicting statements on the necessity for USB 3.x for external BD drives.  Supposedly, you need USB 3.x speeds in order to keep the communication going with the drive because of the large amount of data it writes at a time.  I've also seen elsewhere statements that you can get by with USB 2.x.

So, I don't know what to say.  Sorry.

Thanks. Yes, I am fairly sure USB 2.0 will be fine, it just maxes out at 6x. I guess I am mainly wondering if anyone has changed the IDE DVD drive inside the Bravo SE for a SATA BD-R drive, the printers interface is USB 2.0 so it will always only run at 2.0 speeds but the drive themselves are IDE and SATA. 

Here is the IDE to SATA kit they sell, but it is so expensive and they only seem to sell with a drive, I can't work out what is needed, for some reason it shows a USB 2.0 cable. I have contacted support but not sure if they will tell me as clearly I am trying to buy outside of them. 

https://www.primera.com/sata-drive-upgrade-kit-for-bravo-2-bravo-pro-and-bravo-se.html

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.