I'm trying burn VIDEO_TS folder witimgburn.

infoman36

I'm trying burn  VIDEO_TS folder with imgburn however I received an error message.

Miscompare st LBA: 2080, Offset 2, File:
\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.VOB

Device 0x00
image File: 0x01

Total Errors in Sector 1,950

would you like to continue verifying the remainder of the disc?

Using single layer verbatim DVD 16X.  I tried write speed in 2.4x then in 16x but then that's when I received the error message above. How can I fix this?  See imgburn as attachment 

Than you

ImgBurn.log

Edited by infoman36

Yep, just as I thought before even looking at the Log.  Here's your problem:

I 13:08:09 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3)

You're using the cheap Verbatim Life Series junk DVD's.  CMC MAG is CMC Magnetics, which makes some of the worst discs out there.  They also ironically own Verbatim which makes some of the best when you use the RIGHT Verbatim.

Avoid the Life Series you find in stores.  You want the DataLife Plus/AZO series.  (NOT Life Series.)  Those are generally only found online like Amazon.com.

Ok so its just the DVD that is cheap.  Verbatim Life Series junk DVD's  Which ones should I get the DataLife Plus or AZO series?  I also read that the 'TYG02' - Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R Media were really good.  Should I buy those?  Just want to make sure I will burn correctly using imgburn and play on a DVD Player.

Thank you for helping me.

Edited by infoman36

There's no difference between DataLife Plus and AZO.  Just that some parts of the world label DataLife Plus media as AZO.  AZO is actually the kind of organic recording dye used in DataLife Plus media.  Verbatim releases some good DataLife Plus type media but labels it as AZO without the DataLife Plus name on it.

"Genuine" Taiyo Yuden media is a good choice.  BUT, CMC bought TY years ago.  So, you'll want to find CMC Pro media, which is the good Taiyo Yuden media or find older TY media.

There's no 100% guarantee of getting playable discs, I'm afraid, because it depends on how well your drive works with certain media and how well your DVD player works with certain media.  However, you're better off maximizing your possible results by using good media like DataLife Plus.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.