I'm trying burn  VIDEO_TS folder with imgburn. Using Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5 2.4 x 240 Error MSG

infoman36

I'm trying burn VIDEO_TS folder with imgburn however I received an error message.

I believe the zeros are actually the letters O because there isn't a / line in between them. Probably doesn't mean anything to you.  Is it the same issue with the single layer disc.  I have some old home movies that need to burn to DL.  Does it matter the Write speed I was at AWS (MAX)?  Should I go slower 2.4 which is what is on thr verbatim disc?  See log.

Using Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5 2.4 x 240

I/O Error!

Device: (1:1:0)HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSCO LK00 [D:] [ATA]

ScsiStatus 0x02
Interpretation Check condition 

CDB 2A OO OO OO OO OO OO 2O OO
Interpretation Write (10) - Sectors 0 -31

Sense Area 71 OO O3 OO OO OO OO OA OO OO OO OO OO 73 03 OO OO OO
OO

SK Interpretation Medium Error
ASC/ASCQ Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error

ImgBurn.log

You say you're burning a DVD+R DL but there's nothing in those logs that shows you're burning a DVD+R DL.

I was looking for a DVD+R DL failure to get the DID/MID to see if it was another CMC Mag disc, which it will be most likely if you bought them from a brick and mortar store.

So, I couldn't tell you anything for certain.

Okay, you're not using the CMC discs.

I 10:30:47 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00)

MKM is Mitsubishi, which is the only quality manufacturer of DVD+R DL out there.  So, your best bet at this point is try writing at a lower speed, like you suggested.  But, be aware the drive itself makes the ultimate decision on how slow it will write.  So, even though the media may be rated for 2.4x, a drive may burn higher and you can't lower that speed.  ImgBurn will attempt to send the proper desired slower burn rate, but the drive may not necessarily honor it.

If that doesn't work, try seeing if there's a firmware update for your drive that might have a better, more compatible write strategy for it and that MKM branded media.  In Write mode, right click on the drive from the burner list and choose the last option in the context menu, something like Check for firmware update.  If there is an update, try applying it and see if you get better results.

If that still doesn't work, your only other real option is replace your burner with something else that won't complain about that media.  Write failures are rarely the cause of software errors or Windows configuration issues.  They're generally drive and media compatibility related.  So, that's why you want to avoid the junk media whenever possible to give your burn the best likelihood of success.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.