Burning DVD Verbatim AZO DL Stops at 51%

infoman36

The drive is not writing properly to that media.  Notice all the empty sector warnings on Verify.  And it's most likely not a read error as you tried playing this disc back and you get problems.  Did you try playing this disc in a drive other than the one you burned it on/tried Verifying on?  If you still got errors, then it's the drive not properly writing to the media.

What can you do?  Two things basically.  First, try seeing if there's a firmware update to the drive that might resolve issues writing to that kind of media.  In Write mode, right click on the target drive and choose the firmware update option near the bottom of the context menu that appears.  Second: replace the drive.  It's either dead/dying or its firmware needs updating.  If there's no firmware update, there's no need to use that drive.

I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSCO ATA device. My driver seems to be up to date.  I have an Asus desktop.  I'm not sure what brand the DVDRAM is?  Can you help me find the firmware? 

I'm sure what you mean about write mode, right click on the target drive and choose the firmware update option near the bottom of the context menu that appears.  Second: replace the drive.  It's either dead/dying or its firmware needs updating.  If there's no firmware update, there's no need to use that drive.

Can you be more specific please?

When I did the burn, it gave me some Miscompare I pressed continue.  When that comes up is that a problem?

Thank you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.