ImgBurn for Windows 7?

McQuad

Hello to the ImgBurn community!  I'm very happy to have found this forum site! 😁

We need to "revive" a couple of old 32-bit utilities.  One was written for Win XP and the other for Win 7.  The companies that wrote both of these utilities have long since closed their doors, so there's no hope of any updates or support.

I'm a longtime Mac user with zero experience when it comes the [recommended] ImgBurn utility, so please bear that in mind.    Due to severe space limitations, we will need to invest in an old PC laptop to accommodate the 32-bit PC utilities mentioned in the first sentence of this post.  As this is all theoretical, at this point, I'd like to know if there are particular versions of ImgBurn that are better suited to 32-bit versions of both Win XP and Win 7?  In other words, are there specific versions [plural] of ImgBurn that were written exclusively for both Win XP and Win 7?  If there are, I'd really appreciate information about how to obtain both versions.

I appreciate the help ~

McQuad

1 hour ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

No, all versions are created equal. The latest version was developed when Windows 7 was still my main OS.

Thank you for the reply, Lightning UK!  Does this mean that one version -- the "latest version" -- should work with either Win XP or Win 7?

Alternatively... IMGBurn works on Linux, which if you are still using a old OS like WinXP/Win7 online, unless you must use those OS's for whatever reason, it's best to switch to Linux if you can't use Windows 10 or newer since you will have a secure internet machine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.