imgburn does not work to make a game for xbox 360

george1212

Your drive has an issue with the discs, it's nothing to do with ImgBurn. It's reporting a power calibration error, meaning it can't figure out a nice way to burn them. Are there any firmware updates available for the drive?

Do not listen to the advice people make up and put on YouTube, a 72MB buffer does absolutely nothing.

6 hours ago, dbminter said:

What exactly is the error?  It's impossible to tell from the video alone, because I had the audio muted. 

ImgBurn

Data Zone

Set LO Data Zone Capacity Failed! Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

Cancel

Try Again

Continue

7 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Your drive has an issue with the discs, it's nothing to do with ImgBurn. It's reporting a power calibration error, meaning it can't figure out a nice way to burn them. Are there any firmware updates available for the drive?

Do not listen to the advice people make up and put on YouTube, a 72MB buffer does absolutely nothing.

MKM-003-00 

vebratim dvd+r dl 8.5 gb 8x speed 240 min

About your only solutions are going to be a firmware update or get a different drive.  You're using the quality media, and since MKM is the only quality DVD+R DL out there, there's really no option to change to something else that might burn.

IF you can find them, 4x or 2.4x MKM media MIGHT work.

16 minutes ago, dbminter said:

About your only solutions are going to be a firmware update or get a different drive.  You're using the quality media, and since MKM is the only quality DVD+R DL out there, there's really no option to change to something else that might burn.

IF you can find them, 4x or 2.4x MKM media MIGHT work.

asus drw-1608p2 firmware version 1.39

Is 1.39 your current firmware?  If so, there's a 1.41 firmware you can try:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ODD/DVD-RW/DRW-1608P2/ASUS_DRW-1608P2_FW141EU.ZIP?model=DRW-1608P2

BUT, be aware that the latest model of the ASUS Blu-Ray burner has a fatal flaw in.  It, too, does not properly burn to DVD+R DL.  And ASUS refuses to address the issue in the past 4 years.  So, good luck getting that ASUS to work.

7 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Is 1.39 your current firmware?  If so, there's a 1.41 firmware you can try:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ODD/DVD-RW/DRW-1608P2/ASUS_DRW-1608P2_FW141EU.ZIP?model=DRW-1608P2

BUT, be aware that the latest model of the ASUS Blu-Ray burner has a fatal flaw in.  It, too, does not properly burn to DVD+R DL.  And ASUS refuses to address the issue in the past 4 years.  So, good luck getting that ASUS to work.

I had firmware 1.11 and updated it to 1.39 and tried to install 1.41 and it doesn't work and says this upgdvd available target not found
Edited by george1212

The 1.41 firmware notes seem to indicate that firmware is for modified drives, so it may not apply to your particular unit.

1.39 firmware is the latest firmware before 1.41.  So, your best bet is to get a different drive.  However, I believe for XBox games, you need either a specific model of DVD burner or one with a specifically modified firmware in order to create discs that work.

1 minute ago, dbminter said:

The 1.41 firmware notes seem to indicate that firmware is for modified drives, so it may not apply to your particular unit.

1.39 firmware is the latest firmware before 1.41.  So, your best bet is to get a different drive.  However, I believe for XBox games, you need either a specific model of DVD burner or one with a specifically modified firmware in order to create discs that work.

ok thank you for the advice

Unless things changed, back when I overburned XBox360 games to Verbatim DVD+R DL discs I had to have a special firmware. I still have that drive and the firmware flashed to it (Liteon iHAS-324B) as it's the reason I bought that drive in the first place (although I use it for general burning nowadays).

I 'think' there are some newer drives than what I have that can overburn though, although I can't tell you what they are off the top of my head.

but my XBox360 collects dust for years now as I don't think I have used that on a semi-regular basis in probably around 10 years. I still have about eight Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL discs from those days collecting dust.

p.s. some XBox360 games can be played on a PC using the 'Xenia' emulator.

3 hours ago, ThaCrip said:

Unless things changed, back when I overburned XBox360 games to Verbatim DVD+R DL discs I had to have a special firmware. I still have that drive and the firmware flashed to it (Liteon iHAS-324B) as it's the reason I bought that drive in the first place (although I use it for general burning nowadays).

I 'think' there are some newer drives than what I have that can overburn though, although I can't tell you what they are off the top of my head.

but my XBox360 collects dust for years now as I don't think I have used that on a semi-regular basis in probably around 10 years. I still have about eight Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL discs from those days collecting dust.

p.s. some XBox360 games can be played on a PC using the 'Xenia' emulator.

It's like my first generation fat model PS 2 from October 2000.  I haven't played anything on that since 2006.  After that, for a year or 2, I would boot it once a month to make sure it still worked.  But, after that, it's been powered off ever since.  It's still hooked up, but I haven't checked to make sure it still works for almost 15 years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.