About the quality of CD Audio

fari-kim

Where depends on what part of the world you live in.  You want the AZO or DataLife Plus (NOT Life Series.) CD-R from Verbatim and those can generally only be found in online stores.  I get mine from Amazon.com, but I live in the US.  Verbatim's own online store should have them, too.

When burning standard audio CD's I would not worry too much about the quality of the CD-R media itself. I would be more concerned with using a lossless audio source (i.e. FLAC). if you are burning from MP3's to standard Audio CD, all the more reason not to worry about the quality of the CD-R media.

like you generally want a lossless audio source to burn a standard audio CD. so FLAC etc is optimal and just keep the FLAC files as this way even if your standard Audio CD acts up in the future it's really easy to re-burn to CD-R.

p.s. personally... I pretty much only use CD-R media for burning a occasional standard Audio CD as I rarely use it for general data backup as for general data backup I use DVD recordable media (Verbatim/TY(Taiyo Yuden)).

The only quality concern as far as the disc itself would be avoid CMC media.  But, if you use the higher quality to start off, you're better off.

I, too, only have CD-R for Audio CD.  I'd abandon DVD-R/DVD+R DL, too, if it weren't for the fact Sony crippled Blu-Ray players by not allowing DVD Video discs to play from BD-R.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.