Help I dont know what to do

upseguest

I have a 4.7gb DVD-R and when I tried to burn a Windows 10 ISO to it, imgburn said Disc Not Empty. I accidentally selected USB mode when windows told me and when I use format with imgburn it doesnt show DVD-R option. And when I try to burn with windows image burner it ejects the disc automatically. I dont have any other DVDs and I dont know if I screwed myself as I really need to recover my laptop. Is there any way to burn a windows 10 ISO file to it now??

Most likely, if ImgBurn said Disc Not Empty, either your DVD-R actually isn't empty or your DVD "burner" is actually only a read only model.  Or could be a firmware conflict with the drive and the type of DVD-R you inserted.

I'd first start off with providing some information.  When ImgBurn first starts, copy and paste everything in the Log window that appears on start into a reply here.  I'll proceed from there.

I don't understand what you meant when you said "when I use format with imgburn it doesnt show DVD-R option."  You can't format DVD-R except as a giant floppy option in File Explorer.  And format would only show up as an option in ImgBurn if you used DVD-RW or DVD+RW.

That must be a older Windows 10 ISO as they have been too big to fit onto a standard 4.7GB for years now. you are better off setting up a bootable USB stick, 8GB will work. then just get the latest official ISO from Microsoft's website or use the Media Creation Tool etc.

Edited by ThaCrip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.