Strange problem with ImgBurn

un4given

Hi there,

I think i have found a strange problem with ImgBurn.

When burning image files (.iso or .img) it manifest itself in two errors.

For both i have to reboot to regain control of the drive (Benq DW1620 firmware B7W9).

The first one ImgBurn hangs on Writing LeadIn...

The seconde one ImgBurn hangs on Closing track...

When i reboot the pc after error one, the disc is usable.

When i reboot the pc after error two, the disc is already burnt.

The only thing that stands out in the logfile is this line:

DeviceIoControl(IOCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL) Failed! - Media change notification has NOT been disabled.

I'm using Windows Vista build 6000.

Can this line be the cause of both errors?

Or is this because of the dvd's i use (Media code/Manufacturer ID CMC MAG E01)?

Welcome to the forum!

1. Your discs are pure garbage, search for "cmc mag" using the search function and you'll see why I said that.

2. I don't recognize your error, but someone else may that comes along later in the day. If you have any other programs, such as AnyDVD or some such running in the background, shut it off since they interfere with ImgBurn and are not useful with it.

3. ImgBurn works well with Vista as far as we have been able to tell so I would start the elimination processs with trying the burn on Verbatim DataLifePlus discs or Taiyo Yuden...these are the only manufacturers that we respect around here.

4. If your problem persists, and anytime you need help, please post the full logfile that ImgBurn generates; there is a lot of info there and it saves us trying to use our crystal balls to figure out what happened... ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.