*Throws Away My Copy Of Nero Enterprise Edition*

Manta69

Yes, I'm a newbie to ImgBurn, but certainly not a newbie to burning on to recordable media. My hardware hasn't changed in years. My custom built XP box is all aluminum with liquid cooling, alot of DDR3200 RAM, an overclocked P4 w/HT Canterwood CPU, and a pair of LG GSA-4160B Super Multi DVDRAM drives which will burn onto anything short of HD DVD's.

Until now I haven't tried burning onto Dual Layer discs because they were so damned expensive! They've come down in price now, as I knew they would... even more drastically lately with the advent of HD DVD media. So I took the plunge and bought a spindle of Sony DVD+R DL discs and went to load up Nero to burn a couple of full disc rips I pulled so that I can free up some drive space. Lo and behold, Nero didn't want to co-operate! Kept seeing my blank media as a CD-R and was flashing a message saying something to the effect of 'Hey, DOPEY! You can't burn over 7 gig's of video onto a 650MB CD-R!' *Great, now what do I do?* I briefly entertained going out and buying Nero 7, but after reading up on it and Nero in general, I found out that Nero isn't what one would call 'Dual Layer Friendly'. During my readings I saw a few folks mention ImgBurn2 as being a 'Cure For All Your Burning Ills'... and it's free??

I figured this was a bunch of propaganda, but decided to download the application and try it out. A quick read of the guide showing how to use ImgBurn to create a DL DVD with .IFO, .VOB and .BUP files and within minutes I'm burning my first DVD DL disc. It's still going right now... just verifying the job. Once it's done I'm going to pop that disc in my TV's player and see what the end results are. So long as the proof is in the pudding, not only will I be donating some $$ but I'm also going to spread the word about how great this application really is!

Great job to the creator! I hope everyone who uses this application does the right thing and shows their gratitude! Especially since Nero goes for some $50 to $70 off the shelf and leaves you hanging when you can't do what you should be able to do with it!

Edited by Manta69

Thanks for the kind words Manta, I'm sure LUK, the arthor of Imgburn will be happy. One thing we do reccommend though is to use either Verbatim or Taio Yudens blanks to burn to. They are slightly more expensive, but produce much better finished products and very rarely do you get a duff burn with them. We reccommend -R for SL burning and +R for DL burning. And yes, donations are always gratefully accepted to help improve and further develop this excellent free burning app. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.