EXCELLENT US Verbatim DL deals

Pain_Man

Thanks, Crule, but 28 quid is $54.63 American--without shipping. (As of yesterday, the exchange rate is 1 GBP = 1.951 USD).

You can do better than that here, my compatriots.

Meritline has an EXCELLENT deal. $38.99 + FREE shipping for qty 20 (go here) to order

Supermediastore often has excellent deals. They're not matching Mertiline this week, but they often do. Check them here...

Also, check their Verbatim Page, here

Both sites also have good deals on Taiyos (if only they made DLs!).

A couple of problems with Pain Man's suggestion, though...

Meritline only accept Wire Transfer for non-Canadian, international orders, although more payment methods will be available "soon". And all Wire Transfers will incur a handling fee ranging from $20.00 to $30.00.

Supermediastore.com does not ship internationally. At this time they only ship within the United States and Puerto Rico.

Seems like lfc's ebay contact, or svp in the UK, are the best way for verb DLs at the moment, sadly...

@dd...

Sorry, if I caused confusion. It was intended for my fellow Americans.

I've ordered a DVD from Amazon UK* and a CD from Amazon Deutschland. The UK shipping really wasn't that bad, six or seven bucks (3 or 4 pounds sterling?).

The shipping from Germany was ridiculous! For a $3 CD, they charged me FIFTEEN DOLLARS for shipping!

*Unfortunately, due to the TV format difference, it took my computer 19 hours to convert just the first disc from PAL to NTSC.

That rig had a P4HT.

I haven't done the second disc yet. Now I have Core Duo 2, 4GB of DDR2 RAM, 1067MHz FSB, and (I don't if this makes a difference) an ATI Radeon Crossfire X1900XTX (with a combined total of 1GB VRAM).

So when I do convert disc 2, I'm guessing it'll take less than half the time to convert the formats.

Though why the hell everyone didn't just agree on one friggin' format is beyond me. Probably to make foreign competition more expensive. So local firms could dominated the domestic TV market.

Yet everybody adopted Marconi's system for radio!

And everyone but Russia used the same, narrow-gauge rails for the railroads (the Russians were afraid of the Germans; but the Frogs had the same problem and it didn't deter them from using the same gauge rails). And everyone uses gasoline & diesel to power their cars.

If anyone knows the story of why the US adopted NTSC and the UK/Europe adopted PAL, I'd love to hear it.

Since there weren't any DVDs in the 20s or 30s, "content protection" (or, more precisely, "consumer screwing" couldn't have been the goal). My bet's still on protectionism.

A couple of problems with Pain Man's suggestion, though...

Meritline only accept Wire Transfer for non-Canadian, international orders, although more payment methods will be available "soon". And all Wire Transfers will incur a handling fee ranging from $20.00 to $30.00.

Supermediastore.com does not ship internationally. At this time they only ship within the United States and Puerto Rico.

Seems like lfc's ebay contact, or svp in the UK, are the best way for verb DLs at the moment, sadly...

Looks like ya'll need to move to Canada, $24.99CAD per 20 for Kev and I. Thats about $21.25 US, or 11 pounds & a few pence :w00t: No shipping anywhere but Canada though. I buy them @ the store myself. Might have to start an export business :lol:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...=&langid=EN

Same place had 100 Verb 16X +/- for $19.99 a week ago, I have a raincheck for those I need to use.

If anyone knows the story of why the US adopted NTSC and the UK/Europe adopted PAL, I'd love to hear it.

If I remember correctly my USA high school electronics class book, said we invented the tele here in the states. Therefore it's europe that came up with pal. For whatever reason. Of course I think Marconi also did the wireless here.

Then again they used to think electricity flowed from positive to negative. (actually it did, my great great granddad, switched the labels while no one was looking. By the time they figured it out, they were to embaresed to admit it, and to this very day it still a cover up)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.