prolific 2506

dontasciime

LUK have you been to prolific's download section recently for pl 2506 the flash util and firmware seems to have vanished. i have recently bought about 6 caddies from svp and i wanted to update them all, hope i can find what i downloaded last time on one of my computers..

have emailed them to see if they have an ftp site with the files i require, might not need them if they have latest flash on them, but without the util to check ?

Don't think i have used firewire for anything, actually the price difference between the 2 is not that great so from now on will buy the combo drive enclosure.

Happy enough with the usb2 version i have just wanted util to flash and a flash file, will have to dig out computer from loft that has the files on that i need. thanks

Edited by dontasciime

Also your bound to have a benq 1650, can i ask which firmware you have in it, or the one you think is more suited to dual layer verbs the ones i have just had delivered all have BCDC, seems a few people say this is the best of the bunch, however using qscan just showed me that the US verbs i have from first 20 pack are not suitable to burn at 2.4X lol.

2wh2.jpg

Edited by dontasciime

Well It seems I made the Mistake of buying the USB2 version, I found the firmware I was looking for on one of my computers, the bad news the firmware I have is for PL-3507 and I know I used it to upgrade 2 enclosures a while ago.

Which means I bought the combo enclosures first time round 2 of them, since then I shafted myself by buying the USB2 versions only, as they have a chipset in which benq drive's hate, I/O errors 0.1X iso reading(can be 7.8x then drops) just normal data iso reading, Dvdinfo pro scanning hangs waiting for drive etc then continues scanning.

Off back to SVP for the combo enclosures now : :chair:

And one of my older computers went off tonight, think board has had it, a7v8x, maybe cpu. twat. Only got 12 left now.

Forgot that i asked grain something, not heard from him though.

Will catch up with him at some point I'm sure.

Shit I hate it when you're down to your last 12 PC's
Computers_comp26.gif

I have now gotta get some SATA enclosures, wish i had of remembered that last night when i went shopping at svp, could have saved myself a fiver postage

Edited by dontasciime

Those Amd 2800+ are hard to find, stuck a t/bird 1.333mhz in for the meantime.

Not many on ebay either, the ones on there are sold as seen as well , there are a few Barton core ones might have to settle for one of those, Initial shitty link just delivered my verbs, looks odd the packaging long rectangular boxes straight from verbatim.

Right off to try the benq drives in combo enclosure.

Anyone find any amd xp athlons for sale if you would be kind enough to pass on link, thanks

Got the 1650 in combo pl 3507 updated pl3507 to latest firmware 2006, Is that which firmware you have on your enclosure LUK ?

Still getting 1650 stalling a little during dvdinfo scan, also just burned a verb 16X + disc to test, scanning was going well until 99% then i got POF (it also seemed to lock up at 99% and quality dropped from 94% to 73% (never had parity outer failures on any disc i have burned) will scan it in liteon see what it says, then think i will change firmware on benq/ then test/ then depending on the outcome I may downgrade pl3507 to what is in my older combo enclosure (latest one (need to check the other one) i got from svp is revision C (there is also a revision D of this chip) think my older ones are revision B, also i note from change log of firmware that a benq 1640 fix/update was listed and i think something to do with odd scan.

The image i burned to verb 16x ty just verified ok in 1650 so need to see what it scans like in another drive, will also be putting another 1650 into combo to see if its one of my 1650 is faulty etc) they all came with BCDC, if i remember rightly i think a firmware above was released to combat odd behavior in 1650 scanning etc.

also are the combos you got recently different from the ones you got a while ago, my older combo ones are plastic, the 2 i got today are both Aluminum.

actually you already said you got latest :D

but you know the read rom feature, you save it as output.bin

Can this be used as flash file, is the output.bin [32k file] a backup of firmware, I'm afraid to use it LOL

edit the disc scanned at 98.85% on liteon and no POF errors.

Just had a thought, maybe its down to my front USB2 ports on MSI 975X PUE as other enclosures are mobo usb2 and i know my msi has issues with some flash pens on a power up eg they do not always get detected.

this is probs a stupid question and 1 i suspect i know the answer to but is it exclusive usb2 and firewire, eg one or the other but not at same time, if allowed at same time how would it distinguish between which one you wanted to use..

Google time to show me up as an idiot now. yeah i'm an adiot, as suspected one or the other, well really it had to be.

Edited by dontasciime

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.