Sony AWG170A - Any Issues?

murray

Hello all...110% new..... :teehee:

I have recently purchased a Sony AWG170A DVD?RW Internal 18x Dual Layer driver...it is fitted to an old PC I have (PIII running Windows ME)

I seem to be having nothing but problems getting the burner to burn, no matter what program I use (I'm trying to back up some DVD's)

I have just turned the PC off now because it has driven me up the wall, but tomorrow I will post the error message I keep getting when using Imgburn, something like an I/O error (already on 32).

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with one of these untis before??

Thanks

H

I have an NEC AD-7173A which is the same as the Sony AWG170A (NEC and Sony merged their optical drive departments to create a new company called "Optiarc") and don't have any problems burning with it in an external enclosure. It's a great drive.

First off, what media are you using (in particular the media ID code) ?

If you are using good quality media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim (Mitsubishi CC), then I would get a replacement drive.

However, post the log here so we can see what's going wrong.

before you get into a discussion about this drive MURRAY in his other post corrected himself the drive is actually a Sony 120

this is from his other post its in support

"Well, I have just discovered that my unit is actuall a DW-Q120A,arrrrr. I need Pyr2 or pys3 but I can not get hold of it anywhere tried the The Firmware page but Sony do not have it"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.