Family DVD Copying

supersites

I think IMG Burn should be able to do more, like copy personal Home Video DVDs to your hard drive. Maybe you could make IMG Burn do everything DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 did EXCEPT for the removal of Macrovision and CSS Encryption. That way it can copy personal family DVDs we made such as a family wedding video, to our hard drives so we can watch them or keep them for back up. That way, you would have an image burner and a DVD Copier that copies home video DVDs and not Hollywood/MPAA movies. I think that would be the best program to maintain, especially since there are a lot of public domain movies that do not have MacroVision or CSS Encryption on them.

Edited by supersites

supersites, home video DVD's should have no protection so just put them on your hard drive as .ISO file and use IMG to burn them to another blank media. Easier is ISO read then ISO write using another favourite program of many :shifty:

As Corny said though, IMG will burn mages from .ISO files and does a damn fine job doing it. IMHO..... :thumbup:

Edited by kevdriver

... there are a lot of public domain movies that do not have MacroVision or CSS Encryption on them.

There are ?

There are a lot of copyrighted movies that do not have MacroVision or CSS Encryption on them - but that doesn't make them public domain.

I think IMG Burn should be able to do more, like copy personal Home Video DVDs to your hard drive. Maybe you could make IMG Burn do everything DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 did EXCEPT for the removal of Macrovision and CSS Encryption. That way it can copy personal family DVDs we made such as a family wedding video, to our hard drives so we can watch them or keep them for back up. That way, you would have an image burner and a DVD Copier that copies home video DVDs and not Hollywood/MPAA movies. I think that would be the best program to maintain, especially since there are a lot of public domain movies that do not have MacroVision or CSS Encryption on them.

I agree this feature would be nice. At work we do a video transfer service to transfer home movies to DVD (using a stand alone DVD Recorder) and most of the time the customers want additional copies of that DVD. As of now, we using the "old" standby to easily make duplicated without all the bloat of Nero and other programs. Not doing anything illegal just doing it easier. I think Imgburn would be perfect for this use too.

Also please add the ability to do CD burning also, something the "old" standby never did do.

I agree this feature would be nice. At work we do a video transfer service to transfer home movies to DVD (using a stand alone DVD Recorder) and most of the time the customers want additional copies of that DVD. As of now, we using the "old" standby to easily make duplicated without all the bloat of Nero and other programs. Not doing anything illegal just doing it easier. I think Imgburn would be perfect for this use too.

None of us are privy as to why certain elements of DVD Decrypter (like IFO mode) can't be incorporated into ImgBurn. I've never asked - nor will I ask. I, like many of the "old hands" around here simply accept it and leave it at that.

EDIT: if you need to burn multiple copies of DVDs (for whatever reason), it'd be easier just to build an ISO with something like ImgTool ( http://www.coujo.de ) and use the soon-to-be-released new public version of ImgBurn with it's queue and copy features to burn as many as you like. :)

2nd EDIT: I've made you a picture. :)

imgqueue.jpg

Also please add the ability to do CD burning also, something the "old" standby never did do.

Huh? Both ImgBurn and the now defunct DVD Decrypter can both burn CDs. Standard data CDs anyway like Linux ISOs. If you mean copy protected music CDs, you're out of luck.

Edited by Shamus_McFartfinger

EDIT: if you need to burn multiple copies of DVDs (for whatever reason), it'd be easier just to build an ISO with something like ImgTool ( http://www.coujo.de ) and use the soon-to-be-released new public version of ImgBurn with it's queue and copy features to burn as many as you like. :)

imgqueue.jpg

Show-off :P

imgqueue.jpg

Is it going to on christmast day? :thumbup:

Like a present to all. :D

Edited by dirio49

I have been a Decrypter user for a couple of years, and have tried most of the so called top selections at review sites. I have never had the same results as Decrypter as a stand alone or teamed with Shrink.

Thanks LUK, more like Easter than Xmas.

BTW what the F@#@# are Macrovision Europe going to do with Decryter now, surely that must realise that it will never be buried.

BTW what the F@#@# are Macrovision Europe going to do with Decryter now, surely that must realise that it will never be buried.

Do? They don't have to "do" anything with it. No doubt their experts have trawled through the code to DVDD in an attempt to create something that it won't circumvent.

As for never being buried, I said the same thing about the Amiga before it keeled over and dissapeared into history. DVD Decrypter will remain on the peer-to-peer networks for as long as it is useful to somebody. Sooner or later it, like many other great programs over the years, will also fade into obscurity.

<Philosophical mode off>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.