Newbie - What is wrong?

daniel1212a@gmail.com

Hi, I run Imgburn as per intructions in the Guide, choosing Folder (non-copyright DVD) and it makes the MDS file, which i then burn using the write mode. It completes the burn and gives me a success. But it will not play on my PC, and shows nothing in the disk, though ony 646mb of space is left. I am using a Pioneer 111d to burn on, with Yuden disks. I can burn data DVD's with it. Below is the log plus info on the right pane of Imgburn when it starts. Does "(FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size" have abnyhing to do with it.

Another question i wold like to ask is, if i make an iso of non-copyright disk, which i did with an older copy of HTfireman software, and then burn that .iso, will it play on home DVd players? This is what i am trying to do.

Finally, if i buy a copy of Nero 6.6 wil it allow me to copy a DVD from one player to another burner? Or to make homeplayable DVD's from files which i converted to DVD format using AnyVideoCoverter? Thankjs anbd may God bless you.

Grace and peace by Jesus

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D 1.29

Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 2,295,072

Size: 4,700,307,456 bytes

Time: 510:02:72 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x

I 13:41:26 ImgBurn Version 2.2.0.0 started!

I 13:41:26 Microsoft Windows 98 SE

I 13:41:26 Total Physical Memory: 326,828 KB - Available: 1,160 KB

W 13:41:26 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 13:41:26 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 13:41:26 Drive E:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 13:41:26 Drive F:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 13:41:26 Initialising ASPI...

I 13:41:27 WNASPI32.DLL - Adaptec's ASPI Layer - ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL - Version 4.71.2.0

I 13:41:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:41:27 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD?RW!

=============================================

TOC Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 2295071)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 2295072)

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: TYG02

Recording Management Area Information:

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,679

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Sorry. I burned another and the log is below. Nothing on the burned disk is recognized by the drive that did the burning, even after a roboot, but a pc dvd rom drive (pioneer 116) on an old W 95 pc will recognize/play it. However the home DVD player (Toshiba) scans it and says DVD, but then says incorrect disk. I am not sure if i am doing something wrong, or if it is the PC. The DVD i am coying is not even copyrighted, and i am using Yuden dvd-r blanks. Thank you for any help you give..

I 21:20:48 ImgBurn Version 2.2.0.0 started!

I 21:20:48 Microsoft Windows 98 SE

I 21:20:48 Total Physical Memory: 326,828 KB - Available: 166,676 KB

W 21:20:48 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 21:20:48 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 21:20:48 Drive E:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 21:20:48 Drive F:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 21:20:48 Initialising ASPI...

I 21:20:48 WNASPI32.DLL - Adaptec's ASPI Layer - ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL - Version 4.71.2.0

I 21:20:48 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:20:48 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 21:22:38 Operation Started!

I 21:22:38 Source File: F:\G-Video\Glimpse_Eternity.mds

I 21:22:39 Source File Sectors: 2,295,072 (MODE1/2048)

I 21:22:39 Source File Size: 4,700,307,456 bytes

I 21:22:39 Source File Volume Identifier: GlimpseofEternityRE

I 21:22:39 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.2.0.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!

I 21:22:39 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

I 21:22:39 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 21:22:39 Destination Device: [1:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D 1.29 (G:)

I 21:22:39 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG02) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x)

I 21:22:39 Destination Media Sectors: 2,297,888

I 21:22:39 Write Mode: DVD

I 21:22:39 Write Type: DAO

I 21:22:39 Write Speed: MAX

I 21:22:39 Link Size: Auto

I 21:22:39 Test Mode: No

I 21:22:39 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 21:22:40 Filling Buffer... (20 MB)

I 21:22:41 Writing LeadIn...

I 21:23:10 Writing Image...

W 21:29:01 Waiting for buffers to recover...

I 21:29:02 Writing Image...

I 21:30:06 Synchronising Cache...

I 21:30:14 Image MD5: 0054eb8dfff5f9f6abf7ad1457290a5d

I 21:30:14 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:07:35

I 21:30:14 Average Write Rate: 11,034 KB/s (8.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 16,804 KB/s (12.1x)

I'd say its time to start thinking about a new OS although 98 works its no longer supported by Microsoft

if another comp can play it then there is obviously something on it and it burned correctly ,if you use + media the Pioneer will automatically booktype the disc to dvd rom and make it more compatible with dvd players. You should also download Media Player Classic (free) and use it as your playback software on your 98 machine or PowerDvd .Windows Media Player is not the best at playing dvd's. Try playing the disc on a friends player see what happens

Just wondered if the problematic disc maybe has a film in say NTSC format and the player used only accepts PAL format or vice versa ?

Obviously the PC drive will play it back (given decent media) no matter whether it's a US format NTSC film or a Euro/UK PAL format film but some players can be picky on this can't they ? Guess it would depend on whether Daniel can play the original film on the same player ok ?

Thank you for both your reponses. I use VLC player as well as Media classic, and Jet Audio does well as also, and i can play about every format thank God. I do hope to upgrade, but till now could not justify the expense (and Vista makes copying even more difficult i read). The Pionneer 111d says that it has no region code on it (DVD info), which i assumed was a good thing. The PC drive does see the last burn i made, but my aim is to get these to play on other peoples DVd players. I do think that the orginal DVd disk is in PAL format, but doesn't ripping it take care of that? Therre is a lot to learn about this business!

Finally, could anyone tell me if this Nero would allow me to copy DVD's from drive to drive? http://cgi.ebay.com/NERO-6-6-CD-DVD-VCD-MP...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you all so much for your help.

Well I can understand your home dvd player objecting then as I believe that a lot of US players won't play PAL or European format discs. It doesn't answer why your PC won't tho as in my experience they don't tend to give a rats ass as to whether its NTSC or PAL.

Well, i went away yesterday and tried it at a friends house on a newer dvd player and it worked! Praise the Lord. But in an iteresting twist, while hoping imageburn would do it, i must admit i tried the free trial of clonedvd (http://www.clonedvd.net/products.html) just to see if i could get some to work, and did a disk to disk burn (all the intructions were in German, so i had to go to the web page), but that copy would not play. So the freeware beats out the shareware, which is a blessing to me.

Next i need to try avi burning files that were converted to dvd mpeg2video.avi and see if they will play. The dvd player here that failed to play is a samsung, but it is actually in the downstairs tenants apt and i cannot get the numbers now, but i maybe hunting for a economical dvd player that plugs into a tv.

Thank you for imageburn, and for your help. I will send in a small donation to help.

Different players cope with the formats better than others. We have two Sony DVD players (both about 3 yrs old now) and they play PAL and NTSC without any bother.

We also have a standalone DVD recorder made by Panasonic (3 months old) and that too plays both formats, a friend at work has a Samsung and that doesn't...... It's annoying but a bit of Google research should allow you to get a player that can cope with both. Then you need to hope your TV can display both formats !!! :lol:

Well, i went away yesterday and tried it at a friends house on a newer dvd player and it worked! Praise the Lord. But in an iteresting twist, while hoping imageburn would do it, i must admit i tried the free trial of clonedvd (http://www.clonedvd.net/products.html) just to see if i could get some to work, and did a disk to disk burn (all the intructions were in German, so i had to go to the web page), but that copy would not play. So the freeware beats out the shareware, which is a blessing to me.

All the tools required to do conversions are available freely at various places on the net. http://www.videohelp.com/ is one of the best. If you buy a crappy $20 DVD player you'll find that they play almost anything. Name brand players are often restricted. Cheap knockoffs aren't.

Next i need to try avi burning files that were converted to dvd mpeg2video.avi and see if they will play.

I never liked it. There are better tools around if you look hard enough.

BTW, please keep the religious diatribe to a minimum. Not all of us are fundamentalist christians. None here feel the need to shove our views down the throats of the unsuspecting. This forum is for ImgBurn related subject matter and some friendly chat, not a medium for the broadcasting of religious fanaticism.

All the tools required to do conversions are available freely at various places on the net. http://www.videohelp.com/ is one of the best. If you buy a crappy $20 DVD player you'll find that they play almost anything. Name brand players are often restricted. Cheap knockoffs aren't.

Next i need to try avi burning files that were converted to dvd mpeg2video.avi and see if they will play.
I never liked it. There are better tools around if you look hard enough.

BTW, please keep the religious diatribe to a minimum. Not all of us are fundamentalist christians. None here feel the need to shove our views down the throats of the unsuspecting. This forum is for ImgBurn related subject matter and some friendly chat, not a medium for the broadcasting of religious fanaticism.

I am sorry you were offended by what comes natural to me, but thank you very much for your advise and help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.