Using dvd shrink instead of dual layer disks

mattie711

I had a few movies that ImgBurn said I needed two layers with. I used DVD shrink with to make the ISO files fit on a normal 120 min DVD. The movies were about 160 long. They burned fine but I notice towards the end of the movies they start to skip. Am I able to do this? Is the "compression" the reason for the skipping. Should I just re-burn ising the Verb DL's?

P.S. I am using Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB

If they skip at the end, it's probably due to your player not being able to read the disc.

It's quite common that lower quality media causes skipping towards the end of the disc - if not the entire time!

If you're already using good media (which you say you are), try slowing the burn down. Are you sure those verbatims are MCC dye and not one of the cheaper ones? Is your drives firmware up-to-date?

Are you able to do any disc quality / pipo scanning with your drive? It would help if it did, because then we can see what the burn quality is like.

Click 'Tools' -> 'Drive' -> 'Check for firmware update'

Then see if it finds anything.

Firmware is what makes your drive do the things it does - i.e. burn!

It's like the operating system for your drive. You have to keep it up-to-date so it knows how to burn the media properly.

Read the FAQ for DMA issues - I doubt you've got one as you're not complaining about burning at 2x all the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.