Can't play created DVDs on one (just one) DVD player

Mister Mike

I have a Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S external drive.

I created ISO files from VOB files from the binary newsgroups using ImagBurn and then burnt them to DVDs.

When I play these DVDs on my Toshiba SD-3990 DVD player, they do not work properly -- the video is either pixellated and/or pauses.

But if I play the DVD on my Philips DVP-642/37 DVD player, it works fine, as it does in the recorder that made it, and also on another DVD player on my computer.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the media, since I was using Fuji DVD+R (16X) so I went and bought Verbatim DVD+R (16X), but the results are even worse. I tried recording at 4X instead of the default of 16X and there was no improvement.

Is it possible that this Toshiba player just doesn't like DVDs that are made on this Lite-On recorder?

The Toshiba will play DVDs that are made on friends' computers, including the same Fuji media that I am having problems with.

I could just use the Philips DVD player, but the problem is the Toshiba's DIVX reproducing capabilities are much better, and can play back a much wider variety of movies that are seriously distorted on the Philips or won't play at all.

What is weirder -- if I treat the Fuji DVDs as a giant CD-ROM and burn AVIs as data files to it using Roxio Creator #6, when I play the files back on the Toshiba (as DIVX files), there is no pixellation or pausing.

Any suggestions?

I created ISO files from VOB files from the binary newsgroups using ImagBurn and then burnt them to DVDs.

When I play these DVDs on my Toshiba SD-3990 DVD player, they do not work properly -- the video is either pixellated and/or pauses.

What the other guys are trying to say is it might work better if you care to go out and actually buy the DVD.

Regards

i don't see why i should change it when i own the original and besides i could alter the name of a folder to call it a film that was in production if i want to , the point as mentioned by blutach is , i didnt download it from the internet as stated in your post Mister Mike

post-8-1177836898_thumb.png

oh well i'm guess i will make a back up of terminator starring Arnies great great grandchild

Considering how on this page of one of the Imgburn guides

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1778

it shows how to create an ISO file from a directory called "Star_Wars_IV," you guys are pretty funny.

You should be aware that copyright laws differ in different parts of the world. For example, making backups (as per the Fair Use Act in the USA) is legal. In Australia it's not. Downloading copyright content is legal in Sweden. Downloading copyright material or creating backups is illegal in the UK. Keep this in mind next time you feel the need to flap those gums about breach of copyright.

Gee, I wish cynthia was here. She has the uncanny knack of providing great images and right now, I need one of a troll =))

In any case, Mister Mike, given the experiences people here have had, there's no reason to assume your downloads are not copyrighted material and much safer to assume they are.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.