Possible to ImgBurn from stored DvdFab files?

DWM

I've archived a lot Dual Layer DVDs on my hard drive over the last year using DvdFab to rip to the hard drive. I've been making shrunk versions of these files using DVDShrink and more recently DL DVDs using Shrink (because it can). I've experienced DL burning problems on some of the discs which I believe are related to layer change. Some DL copies are perfect while others do weird things if you try to access certain menu options, like audio format or chapter selections. I'd like to use ImgBurn to make DL discs from my archived hard drive files. Is this possible? If not any other suggestions? I'm tired of coasters. The files are in the form of DISC1 > VIDEO_TS > AUDIO_TS

More recently I've used DVD Decrypter Ver 3.5.4.0 then Imgburn to do some DL discs directly from the original DVD in ISO Read Iso Write mode and they work. Still not sure about the layer break setting (auto or user-set) Any suggestions would be great.

I don't know if you have DVDFabGold, but it will create ISO's that you can then use IB to burn. As far as DL's go, stick to what you say you've most recently tried.

I do have dvdFab Gold 2.9 but how can I use it to create ISOs once I have ripped the DVDs to the hard drive in non-ISO mode?

I've archived a lot Dual Layer DVDs on my hard drive over the last year using DvdFab to rip to the hard drive. I've been making shrunk versions of these files using DVDShrink and more recently DL DVDs using Shrink (because it can). I've experienced DL burning problems on some of the discs which I believe are related to layer change. Some DL copies are perfect while others do weird things if you try to access certain menu options, like audio format or chapter selections. I'd like to use ImgBurn to make DL discs from my archived hard drive files. Is this possible? If not any other suggestions? I'm tired of coasters. The files are in the form of DISC1 > VIDEO_TS > AUDIO_TS

More recently I've used DVD Decrypter Ver 3.5.4.0 then Imgburn to do some DL discs directly from the original DVD in ISO Read Iso Write mode and they work. Still not sure about the layer break setting (auto or user-set) Any suggestions would be great.

I dont use DVDFAb at all so I have nothing to offer on that but you do have Shrink and that will create an ISO file you can burn with IMGburn .When you analyze the dvd with Shrink and you are ready to "BACKUP" then select " create ISO file " in Select Backup Target,it will make an ISO put it on the hard drive and then you can burn it with IMGburn . Burn the MDS file it has all the info for making the layer break right

I dont use DVDFAb at all so I have nothing to offer on that but you do have Shrink and that will create an ISO file you can burn with IMGburn .When you analyze the dvd with Shrink and you are ready to "BACKUP" then select " create ISO file " in Select Backup Target,it will make an ISO put it on the hard drive and then you can burn it with IMGburn . Burn the MDS file it has all the info for making the layer break right

Thanks Polopony. I just tried your method and it worked!

I do have dvdFab Gold 2.9 but how can I use it to create ISOs once I have ripped the DVDs to the hard drive in non-ISO mode?

Open FabGold, Select Full Disc, then select Disc Folder, point to where your folder is and select it, choose whether to preserve menus or not on disc 2(for DVD9 only), as well as whether to jump strait to the movie, decide where to split at, then click Next, then click on DVD Image, it will create 1 or 2 iso's depending on whether it's a DVD9, it also creates video folders for each first, so you need a fair amount of HDD space first. Like Polpony says, DVDShrink works excellent for creating ISO's also.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.