Multiple ImgBurn errors

ButchN

Hi all.

I'm posting this here as DVD Flick uses ImgBurn, which is where I believe my

"issues" stem from.

It went from an unattended to an attended program.

I've tried to edit some settings in ImgBurn & they don't seem to stay.

So what am I doing wrong & what can I do to stop these multiple errors

which I've put in order of their popup during a burn process, i.e., 1st

to last.

The 5th error doesn't happen all the time, but the 1st 4 always come up

& you'll notice different times as each error was taken when I came home.

That said, I really to like this program & went from making coasters to

usable discs, is allot faster than before, but now I have to check up on

the status frequently which has become annoying.

Any help, tips, tricks to get ImgBurn to "keep" the settings would be great.

Thanks.

The 1st error:

1stdvdflickerror.jpg

Then the 2nd:

2nddvdflickerror.jpg

The 3rd:

3rddvdflickerror.jpg

The 4th:

4thdvdflickerror.jpg

And finally the 5th:

5thdvdflickerror.jpg

1st screenshot: that's an authoring problem, and since ImgBurn is being instructed by DVD Flick, you should ask for help with that on DVD Flick's forum.

2nd screenshot: not really an error, as ImgBurn is simply telling you that you should select the MDS file rather than the ISO file, as the MDS file has additional information needed to properly burn that disc image.

3rd screenshot: that's where you select the layer break for your dual-layer disc, and since all options are rated Excellent, you can safely choose any of them.

4th screenshot: I'm sorry, but what's the error in this one? That the tray didn't close? It seems that's a laptop drive, so you have to manually close the tray for the verification process.

5th screenshot: the solution to this problem is in this post from our FAQ.

1st screenshot: that's an authoring problem, and since ImgBurn is being instructed by DVD Flick, you should ask for help with that on DVD Flick's forum.

2nd screenshot: not really an error, as ImgBurn is simply telling you that you should select the MDS file rather than the ISO file, as the MDS file has additional information needed to properly burn that disc image.

3rd screenshot: that's where you select the layer break for your dual-layer disc, and since all options are rated Excellent, you can safely choose any of them.

4th screenshot: I'm sorry, but what's the error in this one? That the tray didn't close? It seems that's a laptop drive, so you have to manually close the tray for the verification process.

5th screenshot: the solution to this problem is in this post from our FAQ.

I'll reply in order:

1st error:

I've asked these question in both areas since i do not know where the issues arise from.

2nd error: I always selects the mds file & it doesn't stay selected, remember I wrote that!

3rd error: I never had to select layer break before, so I now do not know why it is asking for it.

Then again, this is also teh 1st time I've used DL discs, is that why it's asking me teh question?

And what exactly does it mean? The more I know & understand why it does what it does, the less I have to ask

4th error, Again, I deselect eject, yet it does anyway. Then again, why would there be an option to cycle the tray anyway?

5th, thanks.

more like wine than vista
Not sure what you mean by this.
DVDFlick forces the settings on you because it specifies an ini file that ImgBurn should read from and then tells it not to save changes. If you use the program in 'standalone' mode, you won't have these problems.
What you are saying is set DVD Flick so it does not burn a DVD & have ImgBurn open by itself to make the DVD & all the settings I choose will not be set back to defaults when it closes?

Hehe, here's where my noobness will show, what file would I use, the MDS or ISO file in the DVD Flick output directory which would mean selecting create an ISO image, right?

Thanks for bearing with me on this.

I really have tried to comprehend & understand all I could before I posted asking for help & I appreciate all of you guys support!

3rd error: I never had to select layer break before, so I now do not know why it is asking for it.

Then again, this is also teh 1st time I've used DL discs, is that why it's asking me teh question?

And what exactly does it mean? The more I know & understand why it does what it does, the less I have to ask

The layer break is where the player changes reading from layer 0 to layer 1, and yes, it only applies to dual-layer media. You'll always be asked about the layer break position whenever you're building or burning a double-layer ISO image. If there's a MDS file, you won't be asked, as the MDS file tells ImgBurn where the layer break should be. Choosing the layer break can be quite tricky, and that's why ImgBurn rates each option: if placed in the wrong position, the DVD will momentarily freeze at the layer change.

4th error, Again, I deselect eject, yet it does anyway. Then again, why would there be an option to cycle the tray anyway?

The Verify process ejects then reloads the disc to ensure that such disc is properly recognized after burning. The 'Eject Tray' option ejects the disc after all processes (burning and verifying) have been completed.

DVDFlick forces the settings on you because it specifies an ini file that ImgBurn should read from and then tells it not to save changes. If you use the program in 'standalone' mode, you won't have these problems.
What you are saying is set DVD Flick so it does not burn a DVD & have ImgBurn open by itself to make the DVD & all the settings I choose will not be set back to defaults when it closes?

Yes :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.