VIDEO_TS - Questions

BoSox2882

Hi, I just have a few general questions. After I have ripped the DVD to a folder (so there is a folder of the movie and then the 2 subfolders, audio_ts, and video_ts.) My questions are below.

Now when I go to use IMGburn to build a Dual Layer ISO, is all the info in the folder? Can I simply click the entire folder, or do i need to drop it down and click just the video_ts folder? What about the audio_ts folder?

Also does it matter if I save the ISO on the desktop? or are they supposed to be saved to a folder?

Thank you very much.

You can safely add just the VIDEO_TS folder to your compilation, as it contains all the DVD-Video data. The AUDIO_TS folder is always empty and is there for compatibility reasons. The ISO image can be saved anywhere you want.

You can also burn the compilation straight to media (without creating an ISO image first) by selecting 'Device' in the 'Output' menu.

You should make an .ISO image on the HD first, since you said it was a DL image, doing so will create a MDS folder as well which you will use to burn the image to a blank. The .MDS file contains the same info as the .ISO image file but includes important layer break info for Imgburn to use while burning the DL image. :)

Not making an ISO first will save a few minutes time. Certainly, it is unnecessary (just use build mode and select either the VIDEO_TS folder or its parent (note, if you select its parent, DVD-ROM files at the same level as VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS will also be burnt).

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.