Dual Layer - Seamless playback

BoSox2882

I was attempting to create a dual layer dvd with the seamless feature to test if my player could play seamless. However, im not sure I did it right.

After selecting the folder and pressing calculator, it brings up the "set layer break" for the first time. However, the seamless button is not there. Only the "ignore layer break" option. I simply selected the best proposed layer break. Then the second time IMGburn asks for the layer break I then selected seamless. Did this make the DVD seamless? or did it stick with the first layer break I selected? Should I have selected the ignore layer break options?

Thanks in advance as I believe my player should be able to play seamless playback.

The first box that comes up is due to you pressing the 'Calculate' button, or having that 'Auto' checkbox ticked.

That's why I don't! I just have it come up when I actually press the button myself manually.

The last option you select (in a series of times where it pops up) is the one that gets used.

NEVER Ignore the LB options unless you don't want the program to perform *any* special processing. i.e. the disc will be burnt without any regard for double layer, it'll just be like a huge single layer image.

The first box that comes up is due to you pressing the 'Calculate' button, or having that 'Auto' checkbox ticked.

That's why I don't! I just have it come up when I actually press the button myself manually.

The last option you select (in a series of times where it pops up) is the one that gets used.

NEVER Ignore the LB options unless you don't want the program to perform *any* special processing. i.e. the disc will be burnt without any regard for double layer, it'll just be like a huge single layer image.

I dont see what u mean? I also press the calculate button manually, and it gives me my first options for layer break. I picked the best one, and then set my labels, etc. Then once I hit build, it gives me the layer break again. Should I simply select the same layer break as the first time and then click seamless? Once I click seamless my player will either playback without the pause or freeze and not play the second part of the disc?

Again thanks.

Sorry, I figured you had the 'Auto' checkbox ticked - where it then kinda presses 'Calculate' for you when you add anything into the 'source' box.

It can't perform said calculation until it knows where you want the layerbreak (due to the need for padding etc), that's why it pops up there.

It then must also actually pop up before a proper 'build' for the same reason. It will try and select the same one you picked last time, but it still must pop up incase you've changed anything.

YES, you select the same one each time (assuming you don't change your mind of course!) The seamless options don't apply during a 'calculation', hence why it's not shown.

Yes, seamless will either work or it won't.

Thanks for the explanation, LUK!

I've only burned a few DL discs, and wondered about this (I have the "Auto" box ticked), just didn't wonder enough to actually ask :) . I figured there was a reason, now I know.

Thanks again,

Jim

Edited by Jim44

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.