Video DVD burning

MikeInKC

This is a repeat of other posts to get a confirmation of what I need to do.

I'm running Vista Home Premium with the latest updates and Windows DVD Maker. I used Windows Movie Maker to create a wedding movie which is stored as a Windows Media Audio/Video file (.wmv). I burning onto a DVD+R (single layer) and followed the ImgBurn instructions specifically setting option to UDF format. No problem burning, no problem verifying, no problem playing the burned disc on the computer. Does not play on the DVD player.

One post indicated to use DVD-R disc instead.

However a much earlier post indicates what's needed is something like:

ConvertXToDVD (aka DivXtoDVD) to convert your movie files to a compatible DVD playable on any home DVD player.

I was 'tuned on' to ImgBurn from http://vidmar.net/weblog/archive/2007/03/2...g-software.aspx which indicated ImgBurn could be used to create Video DVDs for DVD play back (as opposed to Windows DVD burner.) Is this not correct. Do I need to ConvertXToDVD?

Thanks,

Here's the burn log:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 25 July 2007, 18:51:36

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 17:12:25 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 17:12:25 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 17:12:25 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,404 KB - Available: 999,932 KB

I 17:12:25 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:12:25 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:12:25 Found 1 DVD

Welcome to ImgBurn Forum

Unless specified, your DVD player will not pay WMV files - only your computer. So, you will need to convert the wmv (or much better still, the source material) to standard DVD files (IFOs/VOBs/BUPs).

This forum isn't about converting formats, just about burning optical media, but you can try DVD Flick (freeware), which I believe does the job. If that doesn't work, try SUPER (also freeware).

Once converted, you can burn the DVD project with ImgBurn :)

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.