Attention NXSecure members

kirk1701™

I know there are a few here that also stop in at NXSecure.org. Don't be fooled, NX has been HiJacked and the new staff in controll are those who hijacked the place so don't be fooled.

You can find us here:

http://psion.dnsalias.net/forum/index.php

or here:

http://www.theredunit.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

Our new home will be back soon and can check here for status.

http://www.nxportal.com

Its beed a sad sad couple a days for home to over 5000 plus members for going on 6 years or longer. :(

Just a recap of what went on and some history.

I guess as, well up to earlier today an Active Staff Member I should give you at least some info on what has gone down.

Some of you have heard this, some of you have not.

3+ Years ago there was a huge shitstorm.

I still don't know all the facts from that time.

Basically ages ago, Ken transfered everything to WC.

6 Months ago - WC transfered the hosting to Chews server.

Around the time that Perfect10 went belly up.

As you may have picked up there has been disputes over this behind closed doors for a while.

Staff have tried to be proactive - projects were started and just discontinued with no notice.

Some of you may have picked up rumors of NXMessenger as a number of us had status symbols in our sigs.

Yesterday or the day before WC2 was noticed in the online with admin access.

Earlier today I logged in to the shitstorm.

Chew had full admin rights - NC, Muz, Sponge, Zain were all demoted to SMOD.

You got the same bullshit from chew in GC, as we were getting in staff and the retired section.

I picked up that Chew may have got full access via the DB. So personally I wasn't trusting anything that "Wildcard" was saying.

A number of resigned as a result - many of you saw that. We were not prepared to support any action like that - or continue to support. I think that was an even bigger wakeup call to the members.

I didn't want to resign but I liked supporting the current regime less.

I had just been kicking some goals in getting photography and graphics up and running.

If anyone has further questions, feel free to PM me, or hit me up on msn - caledai@nxs... you know the rest.

This in a way kinda reminds me of what happened to us here only in a differnt turn of events but were looking to get the word out to recover all our lost members.

=)) the bug was something that actually started at NX Blu, kinda spread like the 7 year locus real fast to everyone's sig in a short few hours. :thumbup: Before you knew it you actually needed a can of off bug spray to enter a thread :unsure:

It is kinda sad what happened, but NX has been around for a long time, I've been a member since 2003 and like many others before me I came for the free software and stayed for the pure mayham that has kept NX alive, truely addictive and fun place.

We had NX DJ's and our own NX radio and I've never seen another forum do stuff like that. Members streaming live music (all gens) via shoutcaste or some other method 24 hours a day.

I can see a lot of the members here hanging out around CB's bar and grill subforum, :yes: we had a forum with a bar. =))

Just keep an eye on www.nxportal.com which is where the new home will be soon. A copy of the database has been found, its about two months old but at least we will get a lot of our stuff back with exception to the last two months of course. However we have NX meetups and member pictures over the past 6 or 7 years which will be intact.

Plus, there will probably be some new pic's of the actual beating taking place which are only rumors at the moment but rumors have it a road trip is in the works :whistling:

NX will live to fight another day soon, I invite everyone comes and check us out we will be better then ever. :thumbup:

Edited by kirk1701™

Sorry to hear of the troubles you have experienced kirk..... :console:

Were back up at www.nxportal.com

Its small right now as the database has to be replaced but please come and stop by CB's bar and I'll buy a round for you gents.

LFC you'll love the cursing room =))

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.