hardware

polopony

maybe someone can give me an answer for this problem .My friend has an HP 7855 Pavillion with on board audio and video .There is a problem with the video as in no video .I was wondering if by adding a PCI video card the on board video would be bypassed automatically .I dont see any jumpers or switches to disable the on board video

did a little research on Google after work and the 7855 seems to have some issues :lol: what HP doesn't you ask. Will have to go through a couple of boxes and see if I can did up a video card maybe blow out the comp first :thumbup:

It should be fine. There will be an option in the bios to disable onboard vga and use a agp/pci slot.

YEP :thumbup:

Should be fine with a PCI or AGP card if you got it.

Then, disable the onboard video.

Now, not to insult you polo but don't forget to hook the cable up to your PCI card after you connect it. :sleeping:

Honestly, seen it happen :sleeping:

hey kirk , yeah I'll remember ,its not my computer but my friends mothers she bought it used with Win ME

and all she does is some card games and e-mail if I cant find a card in the house Im sure best buy has a cheapie .When I built mine I wouldn't even consider a motherboard with integrated video and audio,I built it with upgrade in mind .I have another almost built now almost as in I started about a year ago before I moved, its time to un box it and continue :lol:

Agree that onboard video can be almost useless, but I have onboard audio, and it's way good enough for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.