Dual Layer Questions

BlizzardUK

I did try and do some searches before posting, but I wondered if someone could explain to me the below.....

1. What exactly does VOBU/ECC search mean on the layer break warning screen ? Should I use it if I have problems ?

2. How compatible is the "seamless" feature for the layerbreak as far as standalone DVD players go ? 50 percent ? 70 percent ? Etc etc.

I have had many layer break problems in the past, hence these questions. I used the VOBU/ECC feature recently and it seemed to help, but I am unsure of this is coincidence, or if that did actually do something related to the layer break problem. Yes, before the Verbatim crew shout at me, I know it is always best to use that media, but given I spent out for 50 "cheapies" before I knew this, I may as well try and get as good a burns I can from them. At the moment if I select a layer break, then when I "verify" a DL disc it nearly always fails around 50 percent in. My current media I think is RICOH and MCG or something like that.

Also to carry on from the Verbatim situation, back when DVD+DLs came out a couple of years ago I always used 2.4x Riteks and they were great (never had a layer break problem). I stopped buying Dual Layers though for a long time and recently bought 50 RICOHs (sp??) which have been very hit and miss. Anyway, my point is, are the riteks still good ? Obviously I don't expect them to be as good as a

Edited by BlizzardUK

Welcome to ImgBurn Forum.

1. I suppose the prog is offering to break on a VOBU (which is within the cell) and on an error correction boundary (in the event it can't break at a new cell like it is supposed to). I'd reject the offer and remaster the project.

2. Many modern players (and many older ones) seem to play seamless LB OK. No-one can give you a percentage though. However, I'd reckon it is quite high, as superbit DVDs exist which are seamless. Just give it a try.

3. You can do a PIPO scan on your old disk and see if they are still OK.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.