2,426th topic!

hamron

hi guys...

i see that there are 2425 topics listed there with 17000+ replies...this makes me wonder if this was ever brought up before!

I apologize for redundancy and my ignorance in advance:

i installed ImgBurn and burning CDs and DVDs alright...

But I cannot VIEW the contents of an ISO file...and my PC doesn't recognize ISO as a valid file type.

Do i need an additional software if I want to extract certain files out of an ISO image???

I wished that ImgBurn let me browse the content of an ISO just like ZIP or RAR file

Also do I need to create an image before copying a file into the disk?? for some reason it doesn't let me drag and copy files into the CD/DVD...again this might just be me...

also: if these issues are valid, can you recommend a software to browse an ISO file, and just drag and burn CDs...

thank you in advance.

hamron

WinRAR can browse an ISO.

Failing that, get yourself a copy of DAEMON Tools and 'mount' the ISO as a virtual drive that you can then browse/explore as if it were a real one.

Within Windows XP, the IMAPI interface should let you drag and drop to a CD - but you still need to click the 'Write these files to disc' button for it to actually do the burning. With Vista I believe that's also supported for DVDs.

thank you so much for that answer. you must really enjoy challenging questions like mine!

i knew that i was just being an idiot: yes, created association with WINRAR..thanks

now, on the second issue, it seems like i have a point...

built in burning utility at XP doesn't support DVDs...so if i need to a add just a single file to an already burned DVD (with more space available), ImgBurn won't do the job, am i correct? say i want to add a file to a certain subdirectory in my dvd-r...can i do that?

am i still asking stupid questions here? and if not, what program would you recommend for that. i like your program a lot!? i wish it was possible to do this with ImgBurn

ImgBurn will only work with 'new' discs. You can't add stuff to 'used' ones, even if they've been left 'open'.

Stick with a full blown tool like Nero for that job.

That said, if you really must have drag + drop functionality I think you're going to need to install some packet writing software.

Well, it's that or you move over to DVD-RAM for times when you think you'll need to add to a disc.

Personally I'd just use a memory stick for things like that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.