Darwin award nominee?

dbminter

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060104/D8EU2N6O0.html

Artist Binds Feet in Desert, Loses Key

Jan 4, 3:09 PM (ET)

BAKER, Calif. (AP) - An artist who chained his legs together to draw a picture of the image hopped 12 hours through the desert after realizing he lost the key and couldn't unlock the restraints, authorities said Wednesday.

Trevor Corneliusien, 26, tightly wrapped and locked a long, thick chain around his bare ankles Tuesday while camping in an abandoned mine shaft about five miles north of Baker, San Bernardino County sheriff's Deputy Ryan Ford said.

"It took him over 12 hours because he had to hop through boulders and sand," Ford said. "He did put on his shoes before hopping."

The artist, who is from the area, often sketched images inside mines in the Southwest. He had finished his drawing Tuesday when he realized he didn't have the key.

Corneliusien finally made it to a gas station and called the sheriff's department, which sent paramedics and deputies with bolt cutters. His legs were bruised but he was otherwise in good health, Ford said.

The artist did not have a listed phone number and could not be reached for comment.

And the drawing?

"He brought it down with him," Ford said. "It was a pretty good depiction of how a chain would look wrapped around your legs."

So, let's get this straight. He felt it necessary to capture the pure essence of having his legs bound by a chain by SEQUESTERING himself deep in a cave and THEN do it?! :unsure: Surely, he could have achieved the same thing by ringing the neighbor's and saying, "I am going to bind my legs with a chain so I can sketch it. Should you hear me screaming, please provide aid." :doh:

Well, this guy could well top that:

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/...m-gun03-ON.html

Man shoots off finger while using bathroom

Canadian Press

Jan. 3, 2006 04:34 PM

NORTH VANCOUVER, B.C. - The RCMP warned about the dangers of gunplay Tuesday after a man shot off his finger in a toilet.

Police said they got a call early New Year's Day after a man was seen bleeding profusely from his hand at an apartment building.

When they arrived, there was no sign of the man, but a large amount of blood was found on an apartment door. In searching the apartment, police said they found a shell casing on the bathroom floor and a large pool of blood in front of the toilet.

advertisement

"Apparently the male was playing with a handgun while using the bathroom and inadvertently shot his finger off," the RCMP said in a new release.

The RCMP also warned of the dangers of playing with guns while using the toilet, saying "it was not a good idea."

A 21-year-old man was charged with a number of weapons-related offences stemming from the incident.

I knew a cop that carried a small semi-auto in his back pocket all the time. He dropped his pants in a public restroom and shot himself in the ass...

True story, he was suspended for a month, after he was out of the hospital and back to work, and then had to attend a gun safety course..... :blink:

Another friend of mine shot himself in the hip during a quick draw contest, was taken to the hospital, treated and released and went back and finished the contest before it was over.... the guy walked with a cane for months afterward.....:w00t:

Yea...I know some pretty wacked out people...... :/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.