Booktype Hell

tosser

Hi.

I'm trying to change booktype to DVD-ROM. My DVD drives do not appear under list of manufacturers...they are ASUS and CompUSA, under properties they're both listed as "Standard CD-ROM".

So...how do I change it to DVD-ROM if it's not on the list? Why is DVD-ROM not default or an easy click (ala Alcohol) away to change??

I'm sure there's a good reason...

Should I just go buy another drive, a Ricoh, NEC or whatever???

Hope someone can help, oh and if anyone needs some coasters...

I believe the most popular drives are covered in the booktyping, to cover all the drives would be near impossible and with all the new drives coming out that would be some task .I believe the Pioneers auto bit set the media to dvd rom members who own them can verify this

most Asus dvd burners are just pioneer drives, however pioneer doesn't support booktyping dvd+r to dvd-rom, that has nothing to do with imgburn

for dual layer it's automatic

now compusa drives are made by a lot of different companies, if you would copy and post the drive id and firmware from imgburn, we might be able to help with booktyping, when you put a burned disk in and use imgburn in read mode does it show the dvd+r as recorded as dvd-rom?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.