Audio CD Burn Issues

jonknutson

I am having problems making a back up copy of a couple of my CDs.

i am a group fitness instructor and need them copied exactly the way they are to an image.

Need the backups as they get scratched from all the classes i teach...

I keep getting an error saying audio cd's aren't supported...

Can anybody give me some insight?

yet

the new version will support them

one of the safest ways to backup your cd's is to rip them to high quality mp3 or wma files and save on your hard drive

yet

one of the safest ways to backup your cd's is to rip them to high quality mp3 or wma files and save on your hard drive

The only issue i have with ripping to MP3.. is it is a mixed CD.. ie just like a live concert CD.. you want to be able to start on a certain track.. but you can't have any breaks between the songs.. or it will mess up the timing of the entire class...

Thank you for your help...

yet

The only issue i have with ripping to MP3.. is it is a mixed CD.. ie just like a live concert CD.. you want to be able to start on a certain track.. but you can't have any breaks between the songs.. or it will mess up the timing of the entire class...

Thank you for your help...

Do you mean the new version as in 2.3.2.0 or the next version that will come out....

2.3.2.0 gives me a "disk not supported (audio)" error in the status bar when i load a audio cd.

Thanks, Jon

This may help you but it depends as with you saying you want to start on a certain track.

Anyways

grab this http://rapidshare.com/files/79724819/audiograbber.zip

get your CD put in drive of your choice and choose that drive in audiograbber.

It will select all tracks by default press the square[at bottom left] without a tick to deselect all.

Then right click on last track and choose track properties then under sectors look at the last, highlight it, right click and copy.

Then tick track 1, then right click choose track properties and highlight last and right click paste (the number you copied from last track) then apply it and OK it.

You will then see the 1st track's time increase to the full time of the whole CD

Then rip to MP3 (this will then give you a 1 track mix) ideal for djmixed Cd's etc where 1 track leads into another and normal ripping to mp3 exposes a gap)

however you now cannot skip tracks as there is only 1

edit whilst ripping if the level goes into red at any point you will have to lower the speed the audio CD is being ripped at, this should not happen if you have a good comp/CPU etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.