Verbatim 8x DVD-R [TYG02]

chewy

I've had much better scans w/ TYG02's burned at 8X over 12 or 16X, doesn't matter if Plex716 or NEC3520, haven't tried the BenQ1655 yet. TYG03's burned at 16X don't scan as nice as TYG02's at 8X, but they're better than TYG02's at 16X, and there was some improvement the more I burned, learning firmware?

learning firmware?

now that's a ghost I have been chasing for over 3 months

And what conclusion did you arrive at?

There's something to that theory(hypothesis), but every time I think I have caught the devil,

media inconsistency lets him go and the chase begins all over. That's why I call him a ghost.

I am gonna defintely scan all burns with all media when NEC releases new firmware for the 3550.

Or I get that other ghost, my Benq 1650.

I've had much better scans w/ TYG02's burned at 8X over 12 or 16X, doesn't matter if Plex716 or NEC3520, haven't tried the BenQ1655 yet. TYG03's burned at 16X don't scan as nice as TYG02's at 8X, but they're better than TYG02's at 16X, and there was some improvement the more I burned, learning firmware?

After rereading this, I would like to add, my TYG03 seems to be slightly better media than my TYG02,

but my TYG01 beat both of them at 8x, notice I used past tense, they are all gone! Of course this is just

a few percentage points in the upper 90's. After scanning 50-60 old disks this week, a 96 doesn't seem much different from a 98. When you scan a year old ritek G05, it puts it all in perspective. When the disk hits zero less than halfway thru the scan.

I luckily missed out on having RITEKG05 problems. After I noticed that the very first spindle of DVD's I bot were shitting the bed after only 3 months (the hugely famous brand name of e3Works, media id: 001-00 :blink: ), I switched almost exclusively to Taiyo Yuden (also some Verbs & Ricohjpn), for several reason's, one of which was the LG 4120 burner I was using at the time didn't like Ritek(lucky break). I've bot some spindles of RITEKG05's over the past year or so, but haven't used them for any personal archiving other than the odd 1 here & there. Have an old spindle of BenQ 4X +R(DAXON) that actually scan quite nicely even after a couple years. Anyway, I know the pain of having achives fail :shout: .

219834.jpg

Edited by Grain

I am sure in the hundreds of pages of info on the DW1655 that I have read it claims that the drive optimises it write qualities as it goes. It continued with a piece on writing to media that it doesn't recognise from its firmware.....

If its true - that's clever :albert:

I am sure in the hundreds of pages of info on the DW1655 that I have read it claims that the drive optimises it write qualities as it goes. It continued with a piece on writing to media that it doesn't recognise from its firmware.....

If its true - that's clever :albert:

Pretty sure that the well document wopc feature, most sportsmen leave it off when after

big game(the 99QS at 5' 30" burn full disk)

other burners have a lamer power calibration function

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.