V.2.4.0.0.: Good results: XP; Vista???

Pain_Man

Here's an example of a stellar read I got off a DVD using v.2400:

great_read_IB2400.png

This from a disc that had multiple scratches on. The new version really cleaned up.

I got a "You should reinstall ImgBurn...." pop up from Vista (Home Premium) on my laptop after ripping a DVD using Alcohol52.

I don't have a screen shot of it, but if it pops up again, I'll post it.

Any one else have this problem?

It doesn't sound like one of my messages... what an odd thing to have happen.

Wasn't one of your messages. :thumbup: It was a message from Vista, i.e. the OS.

I installed 2.4.0.0 over 2.3.4.0 (whichever the previous one was). I let the installer start it and Vista hit me the message, again, sorry I did take a screenshot.

I made a few minor, changes settings changes.

Then, out of nowhere, with on indications anything was wrong, it said This program was not installed correctly. Would you like Vista to reinstall it for you?.

I clicked the "no" button then I ripped a DVD to a .iso on the hdd. That didn't really make much since to me since the installer completed its tasks with no apparent problem. I didn't get a chance to look at the "Details"; the installer moved too fast for me.

(It's a Toshiba laptop I got last yr as a replacement for a bad Gateway; say what you will about Best Buy, they gave me a $900 credit with a minmum of bullshit.)

The image I mounted in alcohol played just fine. So I'm not sure what that pop up from Vista was about.

Just installed v2.4.0.0 on my Vista laptop and got the same pop up as you pain man.

Gonna click program installed correctly as there is absolutely no chance of me burning with vista & a matshita drive unless I have to.

This drive, btw, wont even verify a recovery disc it has just burnt (burned?)

I haven't had any problem with the iso's that I ripped with 2.4.0.0 on my Vista-driven (Toshiba) laptop.

They both mounted on Alcohol52 w/o issue and played without issue.

(Actually, I have another issue related to this, unfortunately, I can't bring it up, or be less cryptic, in this forum).

So I don't know what to make of it.

Probably just another one of those weird Vista issues.

(BTW -- either burned or burnt are acceptable; the latter is more frequently used in British English.)

Just installed v2.4.0.0 on my Vista laptop and got the same pop up as you pain man.

Gonna click program installed correctly as there is absolutely no chance of me burning with vista & a matshita drive unless I have to.

I burned a full-length DVD-Video (a demonstration video for my wife's company; copied with permission, bien sur!

It was a Ritek and--shock of shocks--it actually not only burned it completely--it Verified.

Of course there was a catch: I ran a PiPo scan with DVDInfo and the result was 46%! The first layer was beautiful. The second layer was a disaster. If the second had been as good as the first I think the score would have been about 98%.

Check it out:

Copyofnannydiariestoshiba_lptpritek.png

Yea, the install thing is a Vista "feature".

I had this also when I installed V 2.4.0.0 over V.2.3.2.0. I had checked the "install for all uses box" in the install screen, but the system is configured with only 1 active user (the default "guest" account is disabled).

I do not remember the options I used when I installed 2.3.2.0, probabily just used the default, and do not remember geting the message then.

The message is from the Vista compability assistant. I just selected the "program installed correctly" option.

ImgBurn has been working with no problems.

Pan_Man,

I had similar results with MKM 001 media @2.4x (except PIF Peak was 3). I reburned @4x, and got good results( PI peak 64, and PIF peak 2). Both in SH-S203B with SB02 F/W. (Sorry the "add file functions" seems to be not available today.)

Will

Edited by willb

Hmm, I have two accounts active (I also have the "Guest" account disabled); the Administrator which I use and one for my wife (she likes to use color schemes which make my head hurt).

If by "install for all uses box" you mean for all the listed file types, I let certain file types remain the "property" of different apps than IB.

I don't normally use my laptop for burning DLs. I use my desktop rig's Plextor 760A. It burns @6x (even tho' the box promises it can burn @10x). I know that Lightning advocates burning @2.4x, but I routinely get PiPo scans of 91% to 95%. More than good enough for me.

You can add an image to a post by using a third-party hosting service (I use photobucket, it's free and has a relatively generous amount of storage space) and then including it with the [/img] HTML tags.

Yea, the install thing is a Vista "feature".

I had this also when I installed V 2.4.0.0 over V.2.3.2.0. I had checked the "install for all uses box" in the install screen, but the system is configured with only 1 active user (the default "guest" account is disabled).

I do not remember the options I used when I installed 2.3.2.0, probabily just used the default, and do not remember geting the message then.

The message is from the Vista compability assistant. I just selected the "program installed correctly" option.

ImgBurn has been working with no problems.

Pan_Man,

I had similar results with MKM 001 media @2.4x (except PIF Peak was 3). I reburned @4x, and got good results( PI peak 64, and PIF peak 2). Both in SH-S203B with SB02 F/W. (Sorry the "add file functions" seems to be not available today.)

Will

(Sorry the "add file functions seems to be not available today.)

the add file function doesn't work in the chat forum, you have to use a picture host like image shack

Ooops, corny, didn't see you'd explained this for Will.

Thank you.

What is image shack?

Never mind, I figured it out.

But, how did pan_man add the scan's?

Will

Take a screenshot and upload it to ImageShack or Photobucket and insert the link as a picture in post.

"If by "install for all uses box" you mean for all the listed file types, I let certain file types remain the "property" of different apps than IB."

No. Durning the install, an options box opens to select what to install, and options. The bottom option is to "install for all users or just me". File types is a different option (I used the default). I see from your results, that the option seems not to make a difference.

Here are my DL scans note, and media is Verbatum DL made in Singapore. The label indicates 2.4x, but also includes the statement that is can be used at up to 6x "with compatible high speed DVD+R DL Drives".

PIPODiamondRoadsh-S203B3wMKM001DL24.png

PIPODiamondRoadredosh-S203B3wMKM001.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.