4 DL's and 2 DVD's wasted, same error all the time...

Zartok

So, just got my Optiarc AD-5200A DL burner, and finally time to burn.

I did put the speed at 2.4 and used Verbatim 2.4x Speed Vitesse, DVD +R DL and then i tried with a dvd at 4x speed.

Every time I try to start I get an error and the DVD-rom wont open and it says it does not exist.

And when its "completed" its only a rcb file or something and 1kb as a sound-file. I tried everything and now I am asking for help here.

Regards, Zartok

Thanks

Here is the picture of the error message i get:

erroryh8.jpg

Here is the log first time i tried:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; fredag, 14 mars 2008, 19:16:46

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:04:10 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 19:04:10 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:04:10 Total Physical Memory: 3 144 748 KB - Available: 2 541 156 KB

I 19:04:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:04:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:04:11 Found 2 DVD-ROMs, 1 DVD

I 19:21:07 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

Update to 2.4.0.0.

You could also do with a firmware update - http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2457

The first log burned nothing as you specified an incorrect position for the layer break. The 2nd log gave you the same warning and you plouged on regardless.

W 19:22:11 User specified layer break position exceeds L0 capacity.

I 19:22:11 User Specified L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2 084 960

W 19:22:11 Failed to check L0 Data Zone Capacity!

Not sure why it ended so quickly.

BTW: You should verify your burns.

Regards

The first log burned nothing as you specified an incorrect position for the layer break. The 2nd log gave you the same warning and you plouged on regardless.

Apparently that is where the LB needs to be in order to burn these wii games Blu....go figure, but this certainly isn't an isolated event.

To make a layer break in the iso: go to TOOLS, SETTINGS, WRITE. On options LAYER BREAK for DL media (top right) select USER SPECIFIED and enter 2084960. Click ok and then burn. (THIS SHOULD WORK FOR THOSE THAT HAVE download THE GAME and want to break the layers OR FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO DO THE 15% SWAP TRICK. It is not necessary to break the layers for USA WII with WIIKEY - DVD9 works fine.)

Against my better judgement, some people have reported better success with Memorex media.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/618029

Thanks for the help, even tho it did not work. Whenever i try to flash my dvd-rom it just makes the pc freeze and i have to resset.. i tried in Safe Mode as well, same thing. Here is the log when i tried with it.. same thing happend. turned into a "sound file" at 1kb and I cant open the DVD-rom.

Here is the new log:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; l

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.